Any Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coup D'etat 2009

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tori

Tori

Female
Number of posts : 205
Trainer Type : Hawt/Cute/Wobby Trainer
Friend Code D/P : ...
Friend Code Platinum : ...
My Pokemon Team : .
Coup D'etat 2009 242Coup D'etat 2009 466Coup D'etat 2009 202
Warning :
Coup D'etat 2009 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Coup D'etat 2009 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-18

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Coup D'etat 2009   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 7:47 pm

This is the official thread for my story!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah...for all you not so smart people...the Coup D'etat was an organization in France to overthrow Napoleon. Coup is pronounced COO and means a group or organization involved in overthrowing some form of government.

Last edited by Tori on Thu 02 Apr 2009, 7:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tori

Tori

Female
Warning :

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 1: Darkness Falls   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 7:48 pm

I'll give you guys a little taste of my writing prowess =D. However, don't expect anything too great; I usually go through a week of revisions on an outline, then even more on a draft. Well here it goes!

Name: Tori
Height: 5'10''
Grade: 9th
Team (currently): none

It was raining that day. The torrents of droplets thundered against the cobblestone streets in a staccato sequence. Taxis fled from the curbs as the glum and puzzled faces rushed into their shelter. Then, the streets were empty save one or two Murkrow enjoying the bleak daytime. It was truly a grim day in Bright Town. Bright Town was not as it used to be, that was for sure. But why? Well, one could blame it on the crime, another would point towards the living conditions, but neither of the two were the cause this time. Nobody knew for sure because those who witnessed the event were stone silent. Then, the people started with rumors, then rage, but slowly, the truth leaked out through the weakest of the witnesses. The headlines of tomorrow's newspaper would be clear...

Professor Daniels was murdered.

Tori couldn't get to bed that night, but who could? The following day would be one of excitement and thrills that would be remembered throughout the centrury! The fliers posted on every wooden pole, brick wall, and glass window were clear; Professor Daniels would be giving out three pokemon to the bravest, smartest, and the strongest battlers in Bright Town's Pokemon school and Tori had already bought her first 6 pokeballs! Tori wasn't top in her class and she knew it. In fact, she had listed the potential threats that she would have to beat in order to get that Wobbuffet.

Of course, there was Kyle Cowzers. Cowzers hadn't graduated from the school yet due to extreme slacking. But, to Tori's dissapointment, this year he had set his priorities straight and decided to work his hardest. Then, there was Net Tidnabraw. Net was top of his class for 3 out of 4 years. Nicholas Yarg-Pants was also a problem. He was always different from others (of course attracting Cowzers) because he used the weakest pokemon he could find to their greatest effect. As Tori looked down her list, she noted Brikien Whorebee, Andy Queso, Sarah Queso, Silver Eggybot, and Doness Floonald. Looking dissapointedly at the sheet of paper, Tori whispered to herself. "Oh great, I cracked the Top 8 >.>."

It didn't take very long after that for Tori to fall asleep. She promised that she would only close her eyes for a minute, but she knew that would never last. Tori dreamed of her Wobbuffet winning many battles, beating others in contests, and tickling that damned Cowzers until he pees. Just as her Wobbuffet had cornered him...

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"MOTHER.......FATHER SISTER BROTHER!!!!!!" That line from Evan Almighty was still stuck in her head. Apparently, her alarm clock had rudely set itself to full volume. Usually, Tori would slam her alarm clock against the table and go back to sleep, but today was different. She immediately remembered Cowzers look as her Wobbuffet cornered him and got dressed, grabbed one of her pokeballs, ran downstairs (skipping breakfast =P), and rushed out into the cold hard rain. Her new shoes wouldn't be very happy about this, but Tori had other things on her mind. She made a quick left onto Main Street where Proffesor Daniels's "headquarters" was and stopped, stunned. Nobody from her class drove an ambulence, or a police car. Desperate to get out of the rain, Tori dove for the nearest door and stayed put under an umbrella next to it. She strained her eyes through wet weather to get a better look at what had happened, when suddenly, she saw the body.

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
Tori

Tori

Female
Warning :

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 2: A Shadow Amongst the Murkrow   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 7:50 pm

Here it is! Chapter 2!

Tori's knees began to buckle. She shivered from both the cold and fear. Nobody had ever been killed in Bright Town. It was against everything the citizens believed in. Murder was looked upon as treason because of the laws passed by lifetime ruler of the Greendale region, Mayor Lexi Zachulus. Never in her life had Tori heard of a murder. She wanted to get a little closer but it was too late; Professor Daniels's body had been carried away in the ambulance. "Maybe it isn't too late! The hospital is just a few miles away!" Tori covered her head with the top of her sweater, which didn't help very much since she was already sopping wet. The once strong sound of a siren became weaker until finally it fainted into the distance.

Tori had run a couple miles before tripping on a cobblestone and landing in a puddle. She was breathing heavily and after hitting that puddle she knew she wasn't going to get up. The dark alley she had used as a detour only seemed to make the situation worse. Being tired and confused at the same time was never a good combination. There were Murkrow perched on clotheslines above that jeered at Tori's situation. They decided to poke some fun and dove down to the ground next to Tori. Tori tried to get up but the Murkrow were relentless. They pecked her back, attacked with their wings, and when Tori tried to fight back, they took a sucker punch to her stomach. Tori said angrily to herself, "Damn Dark types!" Everything about this day was going wrong, horribly wrong. Just when things couldn't get any worse...a dark shadow jumped out from behind two garbage cans. The beast punched the Murkrows in the beak, snapped their little necks, and walked casually over to Tori. "...Wobba?"

"So, is everything going to plan?"
"Yes, your grace, the professor is dead."
"Good, very good. There will be no more talk about me from him anymore. Now I can finally carry out my final few plans. Son, in a week's time, there will be a new Greendale region. Only this time, it will be even better than the old one."
"But if I may inquire as to why we killed him? He isn't the only skeptical about your decisions, your grace."
"Enough! There are some things that need not be said. Just know that dear old Lexi has everything under control. MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

Tori awoke from a deep sleep. She was laying down on the same cold, hard cobblestone alley that she had been attacked in. Nighttime had fallen and everything was quiet, except for an odd-looking shadow across the room. Tori tried to get a better look, but as soon as she sat up, the shadow disappeared into the darkness. Tori walked over to the place where the shadow had been last. "Hmm...something smells funny. Is that...chicken?" Around the corner, Tori saw what was going on. That same shadow she had seen earlier was cooking the Murkrow that had attacker her. The worst part was that it smelled so good! The people of Bright Town never ate pokemon because 'Pokemon are our friends!'. But when had Murkrow ever been in Bright Town? When have pokemon ever attacked a human? Bright Town was different, so rules no longer applied.

Tori tried to imagine who or what that shadow belonged to. "Maybe it is a Dragonite, or a Luxray! Or maybe even a Gardevoir!" Giddy from all of the possible pokemon that could have made that shadow, Tori walked over to it when suddenly..."WOBBA!!!...Wobba? Wobbaffet!"
"OMG A WOBBUFFET!!!!!" Wobbuffet's were the rarest of pokemon in the Greendale region. Seeing one of these pokemon was said to bring good luck and joy. But how could this Wobbuffet had done anything? All Wobbuffets have been known to do was tickle. "Maybe because they are so rare, nobody knows the true power of these guys!" Tori took out her pokeball and threw it at the Wobbuffet.

Missed. The Wobbuffet looked at Tori in a peculiar way.

Tori tried again.

Missed again.

"I need to work on my aim a bit more." The Wobbuffet was laughing now and decided to help Tori out by getting a bit closer. "*Sigh*...thanks Wobby." Tori threw the pokeball again.

Success!

"Now, Wobby, let's get going to that hospital!" Tori picked up two Murkrow legs and made for the hospital.

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
Tori

Tori

Female
Warning :

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 3: Mayor For Life!   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 7:52 pm

The long awaited Chapter 3 is here! Yes Lexi u are the Antagonist (copyrighted idea)

Team (currently): Wobbuffet (Wobby)

Mayor Lexi Zachulus wasn't always praised. In fact, as a child, her parents dropped her off at the local orphanage and left her for good. Lexi grew up depressed, deprived of love and attention, but worst of all, hated. It was this hate towards the Greendale region that sparked her ideas for revenge. Everywhere she looked she saw evil people; robbers, murderers, rapists, even ignorant children were flawed to Lexi. There was no time to care about the good things that Greendale had to offer, and who did care anyway? People are expected to be polite, kind, and caring. There is never a reward for kindness, Lexi thought, the only kindness is in innocence, and what good did that do me? The evil inside everyone's hearts were what Lexi knew could be controlled. All that was left was to tip the first domino...

"I told you to make sure he was dead!" Lexi was furious! She hired trained guards, not monkeys!
"You made yourself very clear, my lady. However, we underestimated his cunning. The man we killed was a decoy and apparently the real professor had run away."
"Did I not tell you that he was a vital threat to my plan!? Professor Daniels's knew about my schemes! He had to have been somewhere...GO! Find him or I will let my Shuppet and Spoink deal with you."
The guard stiffened after hearing this, "Y-Y-Yes, my lady. We will find him."
"That's better. Once you have finished the job, I can finally begin..."

"Come on, Wobby! We need to find the professor!" Tori was teeming with excitement. The thought of an adventure was thrilling to her. She would be like the heroes in the movies, but better yet, the people in her school would look up to her as a magnificent trainer. With Wobby by her side, Tori felt that she could accomplish anything. Together they ran the last few miles to the hospital after eating their Murkrow legs.

She looked once more at the depressing town that was once a bustling city full of delightful citizens. Schools were gloomy, dark places where kids were forced to praise the 'almighty leader', Mayor Lexi Zachulus. Libraries didn't have the cheery books that there once used to be. Shopping malls were sold out of anything unique, meaning clothes, jewelry, candy, and anything else that makes something or someone stand out. Even the ice cream shops were nothing like what they used to be.

Bright Town Hospital had a long, curvy driveway. It was hiding behind looming trees that grabbed out at anyone brave enough to enter the black, rusty gates. However, Tori wasn’t scared. With Wobbuffet by her side, who could stop her? She walked through the entrance to the building. The Emergency Room was very busy, but nobody seemed to care. Only one person was on their mind; Professor Daniels. The professor was dying, it was certain. Not even a Bronzong could have survived the kind of attack that the professor was hit with.

Realizing that she had not checked in, Tori went over to talk to one of the nurses, but before she made any gesture to her, she heard the nurse’s quiet conversation over the phone with someone named Dave.

“Poor man. The first murder in years and it had to be on our town’s leader.”

“Well it isn’t like this came out of nowhere. You know as well as I do, Dave, that the things he said about Mayor Lexi caused a lot of trouble.”

“What did he say?”

“Oh stop it. You know that he was telling his colleagues to not listen to what Mayor Lexi was saying. I heard he even formed a coup against her!”

Tori couldn’t believe what the nurse was saying! A coup…Tori had heard rumors of a group named Terminus Dictator, but that was just a silly lie made up by her neighbors. But that wasn’t important. Nobody ever talks badly about the mayor unless it is extremely important. Tori knew she needed to see Professor Daniels as soon as possible. She ran past the nurses and searched around for his room. “32, 33, 34, 35…there he is!”
Tori leaped into the room and slammed the door shut.

The professor looked terrible; his eyes were glassy, his skin was pale, and there was a distinct smell of sewage. Immediately, Tori recognized something she had learned in school. “Beware the sewers! Poisonous pokemon live there. Very few are caught because of the nasty chemicals they excrete which smell like raw sewage.”

“Professor! Who did this to you?” Tori was desperate for answers and from the looks of things she was pressed for time as well.

“Hehehe…professor. No, not me. Not professor.”

“What are you talking about? You are Professor Daniels…aren’t you.”

“Everything you know is a lie, my dear. *Cough* Everything…lies. Mayor Lexi…*cough*…scheming…”

“What!? What is Mayor Lexi scheming for?”

“Plans for…new Greendale…LISTEN! You must find Professor Daniels. He…he…*cough*…tell him…tell him the Murkrow will weep…”

“What do you mean? No, professor NO!”

With his last breath, the Professor muttered almost inauditably, “Terminus…Dictator.”
Back to top Go down
Tori

Tori

Female
Warning :

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 4: Doom for All   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 7:53 pm

Chapter 4 is HERE!!!! Sorry for the length, but it gets exciting I promise! Please ignore Houndoom's ability Flash Fire for now.

Tori's vision was blurred by tears. She tried to hold back a cry for help because she had come to Professor Daniels without asking for help. As Tori ran out of the room, she noticed three or four nurses were running to the room where she had just been. Surely they had realized by now that he was dead. Soon everybody would know. Tori jumped into the maintenance closet next nearest to the room and put her ear up against the wall. Through all the whispering of the crying nurses, she heard one distinct voice. It was lower than a woman's, aged by stress and years of pressure, but was calm and cool despite the death of the professor. It was almost satisfied...as Tori pondered on the thought, she could make out one clear sentence...

"Yes, this must be kept quiet...I'm sorry, I can't tell you why...classified...Mayor Lexi's orders."

Tori gasped! She tried to contain herself but Tori leaked, "How could she?", and maybe a little too loudly. Everybody's voice in that room stopped, then footsteps. Tori knew she was in trouble now. The door flung open with such speed that the pokeball containing Wobby fell off of Tori's bag. With a flash of red light, Wobbuffet appeared out of his pokeball, just in time too. The man looked even scarier than his voice; his eyes were dark brown, his skin was fair, black hair that was jelled back, and a scar stood out from his eye to the middle of his cheek. "Hello little girl, what have you been up to?" Tori noticed immediately the Houndoom next to the man. She grabbed Wobby by the arm and ran for the door. "Come on, Wobby, we need to get out of here!"

Wobby was not a good runner, or even a good walker. He became dead weight that slowed Tori down. Tori knew she couldn't make it to the door at this speed, but there was a Storage Room across the hall. The two flew past the door and ran for cover behind a couple stacks of boxes labeled 'Fragile'. Just as Tori and Wobby had hidden, the man kicked the door down and started walking around the large room.

"Where are you hiding, little girl. Don't make me have to find you, it would take much too long!" But Tori didn't budge. The man walked around a little longer and screamed, "Come out now! Why did that old hag have to send a useless noob like me? Oh...this is useless, Houndoom, you find her!" Tori stiffened. The houndoom would find her in a matter of minutes. We need a plan, Tori thought. "Wobby, we need to make a stand right here, right now!"

Tori and Wobby jumped out of safety and stared down the man and his Houndoom. "Hehehe...good choice, my dear. Now will you kindly surrender yourself? What you heard before was for grown-ups only."

"Like I don't know what you are up to. You want to keep Professor Daniels's death a secret!"

"Hehehe...you don't even know my name! I'll help you out, so when I kill you you can tell your friends about me."

"That doesn't make any sense!"

"It doesn't have to! I'm awesome! I'm Monke Potamoos!"

"Huh...are you, possibly, one of Mayor Lexi's henchmen?"

"Well FINALLY!!! Some recognition at last! But do you know why she wants Professor Daniels's death to be a secret?"

"Well...no. I don't understand why exactly. But I know who does and you can't stop me!"

"Alright then. Houndoom, she wants force, then we'll give her force...Houndoom use Flamethrower!" The Houndoom jumped in front of Monke. His cold eyes looked Tori right in the face and spat out scorching flames in her direction. Tori was stunned! She had never battled before and never with a Wobbuffet. Tori leaped behind a couple boxes of milk. The flames slammed against the boxes, charring the cardboard and lighting them aflame.

"Wobby, help!" She had never studied Wobbuffets before and knew nothing of their attacks. However, this Wobbuffet seemed to be skilled already. The Houndoom spat out another pillar of fire, this time burning a hole through the boxes of milk and burning Tori's arm. Tori screamed in pain and fell onto the floor, falling in and out of conscience. Wobby looked at Tori in awe. "WOOOOOOOBBAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!" Wobbuffet's normally never are first to attack, but this was a different situation. Wobby stretched his shadow and grabbed Houndoom, making him unable to move. Wobby stared at the Houndoom as it whimpered. Monke stared in awe at what had just happened. "No, what have you done to Houndoom!? Houndoom, try and use another Flamethrower!" The Houndoom opened its jaw for the last time to let out one of its most powerful flamethrowers yet. The red and yellow flames bursted out of its mouth.

Wobby smiled. Instantly, Wobby moved his arm in a position directly in front of the line of fire. The flames hit his arm and immediately were detoured around Wobby, leaving Wobby untouched. "What...what is that thing!" Monke was scared and confused, and amidst all the confusion he once more told his Houndoom to use Flamethrower, but it was too late. The Wobbuffet had put some sort of magical wall behind him that was reflecting the flames in a large circle, amplifying their power and focusing them on Monke and his Houndoom.

Neither of them got away.

"Ughh...what happened? Wobb....WOBBY!!! Where are you buddy?" When she had sat up, she saw Wobby sitting next to her looking worried. "WOOOOOOOBBAAAA!!!!!" He bear hugged Tori for a whole five minutes before he stopped crying. Wobby took Tori by the arm and dragged her over to the area where the boxes of milk were. There, looking very pissed, was a Miltank. The cute pokemon was small; about half as tall as Tori. It also had a little bell on its neck tied around a collar. It was obviously angry over the loss of milk. The Miltank looked at Tori's arm that had been burned and smiled. Tori was confused, but then the Miltank rang the bell on its neck and Tori's burn healed up. "Whoa, thanks Miltank."

The Miltank nodded in satisfaction, "Miiill!"

"Hey, Miltank. How would you like to go on an adventure?"

"MILLLL!!!! MILTANK!!" And so the trio left the hospital, off to find this coup named Terminus Dicatator.
Back to top Go down
Tori

Tori

Female
Warning :

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 5: To the Coup   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 7:54 pm

CHAPTER 5 IS HERE EVERYONE!!!!!! All of the people know their parts as of now on I think. If you are not in my story after this chapter, you don't have a part sorry =D but I don't think it matters lol

Oh yeah the updated info...

Team (currently): Wobbuffet (Wobby), Miltank (Milky)

For the first time in weeks, the forecast was for sunny skies. People popped out of their windows to check the temperature so they could get ready for school. Kyle Cowzers, in particular, was checking the weather to decide whether or not to where green or blue. His excuse was that he needed to match his girlfriend, Skye, but that was not the only reason. Kyle had a feminine side that got in the way of things, so today he was actually checking the weather to check if his complexion matched the outfit he wanted to wear. His feminine side, however, made him a great student because Kyle, unlike his best friend Nicholas Yarg-Pants, or Nick as Kyle called him, was studious, organized, and took great notes because of his obsession to color code his notes.

Kyle and Nick had been best friends for what seemed like forever. Like any friendship, there were fights, but none like the one that would take place that day. It was five minutes until the end of school. All the boys and girls were at the edges of their seats, staring at the clock, pleading for the bell to ring, when finally, their prayers had been answered. DING DING DING DING DING!!!! Kyle and Nick grabbed their backpacks and ran out the door. They both took out their letters that they received in the mail the day before.

"Well, we're here. 3 o'clock sharp. Is that what your letter said, Nick?"

"Yeah, whoever sent it to us said to meet at the front entrance at 3:00 PM. What should we do?" Nick was puzzled; it was weird enough to get a letter sent in the mail from an anonymous writer with no mailing address, but to follow their directions to find out that nothing happened was even stranger. Students had left a while ago, the buses had left not 10 minutes ago, and the teachers usually clocked out by 2:45. Kyle and Nick were both alone on this sunny day with nothing to do but wait. It had been an hour and the two were about to give up and leave when a jet black limo slyly pulled into the parking lot. Kyle sneered, "It f**king took them long enough."

Kyle and Nick stayed cool and waited for someone, anyone, to step out of the limo. Then, the door opened. A skinny, white leg poked its feet out the door, then another. The woman who Kyle and Nick were supposed to meet was none other than Mayor Lexi. Kyle gasped, Nick froze. They both quickly checked the smell of their breath and fixed their hair. Mayor Lexi had been known to for her wild side in the 80s and Nick was feeling lucky today.

"H-H-Hello, your grace. My name is Nicholas Yarg-Pants. This is my buddy, Kyle Cowzers." Nick's knees were shaking. He had never met his leader up close, even though he hated her guts, it was an honor. Kyle, on the other hand, was indifferent. "Hey, sup Lexi."

Mayor Lexi gave Kyle a cold look that could have froze the heart of the strongest rhinoceros. Kyle got the message and tried again, "Good day, Mayor Lexi."

"Boys, let's cut to the chase. I don't feel like small talk in this weather. I am scouting more, how should I put this, competent guards. I need strong battlers who are fierce and merciless when I need them to be. You two," Mayor Lexi shot a glance at both Kyle and Nick which scared them both to hell, "are the top ranked students in this school. I want you to help me."

Kyle and Nick were both speechless. She was right; they were the best of the best in Bright Town. However, they had different thoughts about this proposition. Nick, on one hand, wanted nothing to do with Mayor Lexi if it meant he was to be used as her tool for destruction. On the other hand, Kyle decided he wanted the position of power. His philosophy had always been "Speed over Power, but both is better than nothing."

"I'll do it." Kyle was sure about this, no matter what Nick thought.

"Kyle, think about what you are doing! Mayor Lexi is running a corrupt government! With a strong battler like me or you, who knows what she could accomplish?"

"What are you talking about, Nick. Don't you understand the power we are being given? There is a difference between a good decision and a bad decision-"

"This isn't time for one of your lectures, Kyle! What you are doing is serious!"

"I know and I am adamant. If you want out, then fine! Be that way! Mayor Lexi, let's go." She shot him another glance and said coldly under her breath..."Good."

Net ran out of school. He had fallen asleep in English again and his teacher hadn't cared to wake him. "Damn Mr. Cadigan! Just wait until I let my Teddi on him!" When Net had burst through the doors, he didn't see Nick sitting on the steps and bumped into him, sending Net flying down the stairs.

"Nick! What are you...are you crying?"

"Wha? Well, Net, it is complicated. Mayor Lexi just asked me and Kyle to join her. Kyle was power hungry and went with her!"

"Oh...poor Cowzers...Nick. We can't just let him go. You and I both know what Mayor Lexi wants to do." Net looked left to right to make sure that nobody was in ear shot. Then, he told Nick very quietly, "The Murkrow have gone into hiding today. Celebrate tonight with me and 'them'."

"No, NS I can't. The coup is getting dangerous and corrupt. Ideas of revolution, killing Mayor Lexi, that group is crazy."

"Just go, for me?"

"Ahh...okay. One last time."
Back to top Go down
Tori

Tori

Female
Warning :

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 6: Victory on Both Sides   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeThu 02 Apr 2009, 11:03 pm

Okay here is Chapter 6 everybody!

Mayor Lexi was pleased; very, very pleased. She had hoped for the two best battlers, but couldn't have been happier when she realized that she had acquired the better of the two. Not to say that Nick wasn't still under her radar, but as long as she had Kyle, Lexi could sleep easy...for now.

Kyle, on the other hand, was feeling regrets for both leaving Nick behind and for becoming consumed by power. He knew very well that power led to corruption, but who could resist a position as prestigous as the Mayor's Private Guard? They were the elite of the elite in the Greendale region and were looked at as figures of both fear and power amongst the people. While he was pondering whether or not his decision was ethical, Mayor Lexi was staring straight into his eyes. "What could he be thinking? What am I saying, at least he is thinking! He will be a great guard, and there's no doubt that he will rise through the ranks very quickly..."

The drive from Bright Town to the capitol of Greendale Region, Tedhen City, was a long one. For a full eight hours, Mayor Lexi and Kyle were sitting opposite eachother in the limosine, staring at eachother, occasionally exchanging small talk, but for the most part the two were trying to read what the other was thinking. The driver was appalled at the quietness of his guests, but he knew where he was going and needed to get there before Mayor Lexi fired him as she did so many of her employees. Finally, the silence was broken.

"Kyle, I understand you must feel bad, but starting now you are working for me. What I want to know is, do you have any, how should I put this, important gossip?"

"Mayor Lexi, I think I do. Have you heard of a group called Terminus Dictator?"

"No, not at all! Terminate....the dictator? What is the meaning of this!? Who are these radicals!?" Mayor Lexi was not mad at all, but giddy. He is competent, Mayor Lexi thought, but a little too late to surprise me. She wanted to say, "That is why I disposed of that old professor", but felt that Kyle would need to wait to gain her trust on such a touchy subject.

"I'm sorry, your grace, but I don't know. The only information I have is that my friend back there, Nick, used to attend their meetings."

Mayor Lexi was in shock! She thought that all of the members were dead and gone! "And where might those meetings have been held?"

"Oh, well, it's quite ironic, actually. They are held in Tehden City, right under the library if I remember correctly..."

Kyle hadn't noticed the devious smile that crossed Mayor Lexi's face because it disappeared in a second. Through the sketchy fog that clung to the window, she could make out an old friend. "Wonderful, Donness Floonald has arrived."

After figuring out that the professor wasn't dead after all and then battling that Monke character and his Houndoom, Tori was overwhelmed. First of all, where was she supposed to look first? And why was she supposed to go on this dangerous adventure to find a secret coup? Poor Wobby and Miltank were starving after two days without food, Tori still couldn't find a lead, and on top of everything the sunny skies had melted into a cloudy, dreadful day. "Everything is going wrong," Tori moaned under her breath, "we need to eat!"

The nearest restaurant was owned by her classmate, Bri Whorebee. Bri was a great battler and an even better cook! The trio walked inside casually and took a seat. They looked at their menus, which by the way were fit for gods! Miltank would LOVE Bri's Dolce de Leche Whore Brownies and Wobby would adore some Spaghettini a la Ho. Tori, on the other hand, was too busy thinking to start wondering about what she would order. Bri came out to take orders and gave each of them a glass of water, which Wobby spilled over his body at least three times before Milky gave him a straw. Bri walked away to another table...

"Here you go, Net. This round of drinks is on the house! I'm sorry to hear about Cowie, but you and Nick will persevere, I just know it!" Bri walked away with a smile on his face.

"Geez, always the positive one," muttered Nick. "Net, we need to get to Tedhen City before the end of the week. We can ask some Dodrio for help."

"That's a great idea! They could get us there in almost double the time it would take to go by car." Excitement pumped through Net's veins. He was going to attend another meeting with the coup that only a handful of people knew about. "When should we plan on leaving?"

"Once we have eaten and are ready we should head out."

"Sounds like a plan!" Net was practically jumping up and down in his seat. Tori looked over to see what all the commotion was and saw her friends from school. She ran over and greeted them with a couple hellos. Tori knew that Nick and Net were a pair that was always complemented by Kyle. When she saw that he wasn't there, Tori felt compelled to ask.

"He's gone...and even worse...he's gone with Mayor Lexi." Nick was whispering under his breath so that nobody else could hear. It was a crime to speak against the mayor or her guards.

"Yeah, Nick and I were just on our way out to attend the meeting at the-" Nick shoved his hand over Net's mouth. "Hehehe...I mean we were going home to my house."

"Nick what was that for? And Net, you were talking about a meeting...why all the sudden are you two looking so suspicious!?"

"Nick, just tell her. She is against the mayor, too."

"Alright then," Nick looked from one side to the other to make sure nobody was listening, "we are going where the Murkrow can not follow us. Where the darkness from the outside never touches the light within. We are going to the coup...Terminus Dictator." Tori almost fainted. At last! A lead! Maybe the professor would be at the meeting. Tori wanted in and told Net and Nick all that she learned in the past few days.

There was trouble afoot, but nothing could stop them from getting to that meeting.

Last edited by T0r! on Mon 13 Apr 2009, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
merdamage

merdamage

Male
Number of posts : 50
Trainer Type : eevee trainer and breeder
Friend Code D/P : 0129 9289 6054
Friend Code Platinum : 1548 2240 8053
My Pokemon Team : cool pokemon
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-17

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coup D'etat 2009   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeFri 03 Apr 2009, 12:00 am

:O amazing!
Back to top Go down
Tori

Tori

Female
Warning :

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 7: A Spy on the Inside   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeSat 04 Apr 2009, 8:16 pm

So everybody knows what is going on, I am making Trainer Cards for Kyle, Nick, Mayor Lexi, Net, Donness, and Tori. The sprites will take a while, but I have confidence in Andy and/or Net.

"What took you so long, Lexi, I've been waiting here for hours."

"The business in Bright Town was what took me so long, fool. Now, why don't we take this conversation inside." Mayor Lexi had known Mr. Floonald for years. They had been rivals on their respective pokemon adventures where both of them had become the strongest battlers in teh Greendale Region. Mayor Lexi had gone off into politics after and Mr. Floonald had become the Champion. The two planned to meet today in Tehden City Hall to discuss current events. As the two most persuasive voices in the Greendale Region, meetings like these were kept secret from the press.

Tehden City Hall was located in Tehden Plaza, along with the Tehden Public Library. Mayor Lexi, Donness, and Kyle crossed the plaza and entered the city hall. Kyle was directed to the guard station to be equipped with the proper uniform while Mayor Lexi and Donness went into the mayor's private office. It was a large room filled with portraits of past leaders. Bookshelves loomed over the room like skyscrapers watching a city. The moved towards the desk in the middle of the room where Mayor Lexi sat down and motioned for Donness to do the same. Nobody said a word for a couple of minutes. Mayor Lexi had been suspicious of Donness every since he had began holding these meetings. Donness, on the other hand, was smiling at his friend as if they hadn't seen eachother in years.

"So, Donness, what is wrong this time?"

"Nothing, is wrong, my dear friend. Why must we always meet when something is wrong? Why can't I visit you just to catch up on things?"

"Because you wouldn't keep in touch with me if it wasn't for your position of power. You only want to meet with me so you can catch up on what has been going on recently. You know you can't be a good leader without knowledge of current events and that is why you need me."

"So rude! You have changed since we had gone on our adventures, Lexi." Donness snickered when she began glaring at him. "Oh don't be that way. Fine, if you want to know why I came, then I guess I can't hold it from you much longer, otherwise you might kill me right here and now." Again, she just sat, glaring.

"Would you just tell me already!?"

"Fine! I wanted to know what happened with the professor. He has been our friend long time. Will you be attending the wake?"

"I don't think so, there is so much to do. But, on the topic of the professor's death, I don't know anything."

"Oh you don't...."

"No, I don't. Will that be all?"

"Yes, Lexi. That is all." Donness stood up and moved to open the door that led out of the mayor's private office. He looked back one last time and said very clearly, "You can't lie to me, Lexi. If you wanted to cover up your tracks, then you should have never come across me." With that, he left.

Lexi stared at the door in awe. He knows, she thought, how could he have figured this out? Of course! That is why he came to me first! Lexi ran to the phone located next to one of the bookshelves. She quickly dialed the extention to the guard's desk and screamed into the phone, "STOP THE CHAMPION FROM LEAVING THIS BUILDING!!" The guard at the front desk fell out of his chair when he heard the mayor scream into the phone. He got up and pressed the bright red button that alerted the other guards to get to the front door of the building. When they got there it was too late, Donness had gone, but one guard was able to get out into the plaza and catch him before he could leave. That guard was Kyle.

Kyle had seen Donness running for the door and followed him. It wasn't hard to see that Donness was in a hurry to leave, but when he heard the alarm, Kyle ran at Donness. He followed him into the plaza and threw out his Aerodactyl. The Aerodactyl swooped down and tackled Donness before he could escape into his car.

"Nice job, Aero! Now, old man, where do you think you are going?" Kyle approached Donness unbeknownst that Donness was the champion and had already got a grip on his pokeball.

"Kid, you have no idea what you are in for." Donness threw out his Typhlosion. Kyle stopped dead in his tracks.

"You want a battle? Fine. Aero, use Hyper Beam!" The Aerodactyl opened its large jaws wide and began focusing energy in its mouth.

"Ha! Typhlosion, use Eruption." At that, Donness turned around and got into his car. The Typhlosion swiftly let out a torrent of flames that engulfed the Aerodactyl before it could release its Hyper Beam. The Aerodactyl fell to the ground and didn't move for quite a while until it tried to get back up. But when it had recovered, Donness and his Typhlosion were already gone.

Kyle's jaw hit the ground. He returned his Aerodactyl into its pokeball for a good long rest. He had failed Mayor Lexi and knew that he was in for it when he got back.
Back to top Go down
Rocco

Rocco

Male
Number of posts : 150
Trainer Type : HAPPY TRAINER!!!!
Friend Code D/P : 4081-7972-3057
My Pokemon Team : Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani398Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani208Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani429Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani407Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani034Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani184

Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani473Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani392Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani376Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani230Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani065Coup D'etat 2009 Dpiconani380
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-15

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coup D'etat 2009   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Apr 2009, 8:10 pm

please tell me this wasn't the reason you handed in your term paper late >.>

lol Tori me likey! I need to read through it all though
Back to top Go down
Tori

Tori

Female
Warning :

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coup D'etat 2009   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009, 10:01 pm

Rocco wrote:
please tell me this wasn't the reason you handed in your term paper late >.>

lol Tori me likey! I need to read through it all though

fine i won't tell you lol
Back to top Go down
Tori

Tori

Female
Warning :

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 8: Times Are Tough   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009, 11:15 pm

Tori, Nick, and Net were on their way to the meeting of the coup. There wasn't much chatter amongst the group because everybody had their own problems to worry about. Tori was still puzzled from her confontation with the shadey man Monke. Why had Professor Daniels's death needed to be a secret, she thought, and what good (or evil) would come out of his death? Nick was regretting leaving his best friend Cowie alone with Mayor Lexi. He said over and over in his head, "Why didn't I go with him?" Net was worried that Tori wouldn't be welcome at the coup. They did have rules about newcomers and maybe Tori wasn't up to the challenge. When they had been walking for an hour or so without one word out of their mouths, Net finally broke the silence. "Tori, do you think your Wobbuffet is strong?"

"Well, now that you ask, I have never actually seen it battle, but the outcome was always in his favor. Why do you ask?"

Net struggled to reply. "Uhh...well...you see-" Nick slapped the back of Net's head hinting to Net that he should just spit it out. "There is an entry exam. It isn't too hard, but you must battle the leader's pokemon of choice in order to be welcomed in. We are a force you know, not just a political group, so we need strong members. I got in on my third try, Nick only took two!" Tori froze. She knew she needed to train her Wobby and Miltank soon before they got to the coup.

"Alright, well, let's keep moving. I'll begin training tomorrow." The trio set their sights on a mountain in the distance, then left their rest spot for the trail.

After 30 minutes of walking on the dirt path, Net heard a low, heavy scream coming from the area past the hill they were on. He ran ahead of the group and found what looked like a ranch at the base of the hill. Net ran back to Tori and Nick to suggest that they ask for shelter for the night. "It is getting chilly and who knows where we will find another place to sleep." Tori and Nick agreed that this was the best place they could stay at unless they walked another 3 miles. They paced down the hill as fast as they could and tried their hardest not to look like troublemakers. It was a longer walk down the hill than Tori had expected and was nearly out of breath when they arrived at the front door of the ranch's barn.

It was a classic red and white barn house with wooden doors taller than a Mamoswine. Net was still curious about what had made such a low cry, so when the trio knocked on the door, he was the first to talk to the man that opened it. The man was roughly 6 feet tall and had a large waist to match a huge beard.

"Waddya want!? Scram! You shouldn't be here! If they see you I am in huge trouble!" The man's face flushed with blood as he yelled to Tori, Nick and Net to leave. He looked angry, but something was wrong; he sounded terrified when he told the trio that 'they' would get him in huge trouble. Tori needed to ask who.

"Excuse me, mister, but who exactly will see us and get you in big trouble?"

"No! Go away! I can't be seen not doin' my work!"

"Sir, if there is trouble, then we can help. Please, tell me who is going to get you in trouble!" The man stared at Tori for a few seconds, then motioned for the three of them to come inside. The barn house was smaller inside than it looked outside. There was a living room with a couch that looked like the farmer's bed, a kitchen, and a bathroom, but that was it. The farmer was mortified, that everyone could see. He was trembling in fear and said to the trio, "I have to get back to work. If you can help me, please do. Downstairs, just go downstairs, you will understand." He led them to a dark, cold hallway with stairs at the end. Nick called out his Farfetch'd to hold a flashlight that the farmer gave them. Net called out his Riolu to search the bottom of the staircase with its aura. Tori sent out Miltank for comfort.

They slowly tip-toed down the stairs, step by step, not sure of what was at the bottom waiting for them. They had made it down at least two stories worth of stairs when Tori heard cries of pain, then laughter, then a loud booming noise from some machines. They reached the bottom of the stairs to see a surprisingly enormous space carved into the earth. It was a grain factory built underground from the grain that was being farmed above it. There were 20 workers lounging around, a couple guards were put at the entrances and exits of tunnels built underground. Two guards were stationed at the bottom of the stairs, so Nick told Farfetch'd to knock them out with its stick. Obviously, that bird had a history of whacking unaware victims over the head with its stick because they instantly fell to the floor.

What they saw next made Tori fall to her knees. Pokemon, innocent pokemon, were chained to rocks and forced to work in a grain factory that was built into the underground of the farm. There were Vulpixes and Growlithes heating up boilers where a Milotic was being forced to feed water to. Vigoroths were slothing around and being whipped for not carrying the bundles of grain fast enough. Machokes were loading bundles of grain onto a truck. The people forcing these pokemon to work were laughing at their pain, joking around when one of them fell on their hands and knees. A large banner painted with Mayor Lexi's face and her guards behind her hung on the far side above the main tunnel.

Nick and Net picked up Tori, all three of them filled with rage. Nick looked to Net, then to Tori. "Let's split up. These pokemon are in pain and we need to help them out. Tori, can handle the boiler stations?"

Tori looked at Nick with determination in her eyes. "Of course I can!"

"Good, Net and I will take the rest of the guards. Good luck, Tori." After those last few words, Nick and Net left Tori. Tori could only get about 50 feet before an alarm rang signaling the guards that intruders had infiltrated the factory. Tori and Miltank ran down the rest of the stairs and headed towards the boilers. A couple workers tried to grab a hold of her, but Miltank slammed them to the ground without much of a fight. "Thank God I caught strong pokemon." She patted Milky on her head and then they continued towards their goal. She looked at the Vulpixes and the Growlithes, then to the Milotic. They were confused, but not afraid. Tori yelled to all of them, "Growlithes, Vulpixes, please stay here out of harm's way. Milotic, I need your help." The Milotic nodded to Tori and broke her chains with a simple Ice Beam.

Tori needed to act fast. Guards were everywhere! She couldn't see Nick or Net either. Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, Tori spotted 5 guards that were running towards her. "Okay, Milotic. See those men? I need you to get rid of them" The Milotic smiled evilly and took a deep breath, then released a massive volume of water out of her mouth that was headed straight towards the guards. They had no time to react. Within a second, the shot of water slammed into each of the guards throwing them into the air like bowling pins. "Awesome, Milotic! That was great!" Tori was ecstatic! This was her first real battle that she was concious for and winning. "Now, Miltank. These pokemon look tired...you know what to do." The Miltank mooed calmly and shook the bell on the collar around her neck. The pokemon around the small cow instantly gained back their energy and stregth that they had lost through the constant work. "Milotic, one last thing. Can you break these pokemons's chains?" The Milotic was already starting an Ice Beam before Tori could finish the sentence.

When Tori turned around to head back to Net and Nick, she heard a quiet moan in the corner of the room. Tori and Miltank jogged over to the place where the moan had come from and found a Ninetales. The Ninetales looked tired and depressed. Her neck was chained to the wall so that she couldn't stop heating the makeshift jacuzzi the guards had made. Nobody was inside the jacuzzi after the alarm had sounded and it was obvious the Ninetales needed some saving as well. Tori walked over to the large dog and patted her side. "There there...everything will be okay. Hey, Miltank. One last chime?" The Miltank smiled and rang the bell once more to heal the Ninetales. She even handed the Ninetales a carton of milk that she had stolen from the hospital.

The Ninetales howled after she downed the milk and let lose scorching hot flames onto the chains which were quickly melted. "Nice job Ninetales. I think Nick and Net need our help, let's head over to their area." The Ninetales gladly followed Tori and when they passed the Milotic, Tori could tell that she wanted to go too. "Wow! Two more friends to add to my team! If only I had some pokeballs..." Tori turned around to find Net and Nick, who didn't look like they were hurt at all.

"Hey, Tori. You can use two of mine." Net handed over two pokeballs to Tori. She threw them at the Ninetales and Milotic who turned into a silhouette of red light which quickly disappeared into the pokeball. "So, Tori, how did it go? Were you hurt?"

"Hell no, what did you expect? With the help of Miltank and Milotic, this was a very successful battle on my part."

Nick scoffed. "Well, I wasn't too shabby myself! You should have seen me and Farfetch'd in action. Those guards didn't expect our awesome power when they tried to attack us. But, this factory looks like it was run by Mayor Lexi. Just another terrible thing she has done."

"Let's get going, gang. I need to rest. That farmer is going to be happy that we helped him out." Net led the group towards the stairs when Tori stopped.

"Before we leave...HEY POKEMON!!! FOLLOW US!!!" Tori yelled that over and over again to get the attention of every pokemon in the factory. She looked back at Nick and Net and said half laughing, "There is going to be a lot of traffic up the stairs."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coup D'etat 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coup D'etat 2009   Coup D'etat 2009 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coup D'etat 2009
Page 1 of 1