Any Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shine

Shine

Male
Number of posts : 146
Trainer Type : Team Builder
Friend Code D/P : 1890 7638 8294
Friend Code Platinum : 3309 1271 1875
My Pokemon Team : -
AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpiconani432AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpiconani097AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpiconani411
AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpiconani012AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpiconani171AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpiconani308
Warning :
AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-20

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Empty
PostSubject: AnyTrades UU Tier RMT   AnyTrades UU Tier RMT I_icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 8:34 pm

My first UU team made from the AnyTrades tier list.

=======================
At a Glance

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpfba471AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpmba062AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpmba479AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpmba411AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpfba241AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpmba154
=======================

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpffa471
Charity @Leftovers
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball Hidden Power Ground70
-Wish
-Substitute
Snow Cloak, Calm
196 HP 112 Def, 200 Sp.Def

I'll admit that this isn't the strongest lead, but it's not terrible. With Mixed-Wall stats, it can stand to Wish or Sub up against most incoming attacks, and because of its massive Sp.Atk stat, it doesn't really need any actual EV investments to deal good damage. HP Ground might be preferable to Shadow Ball. Anyway, this Pokemon can take QUITE the beating, and still pass a Wish or take something out. Like I said- it's not the strongest lead, but it's useful.

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpmfa062
Havok @Leftovers
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Hydro Pump
-Vacuum Wave/Ice Beam
Water Absorb, Quiet
124 HP, 132 Atk, 252 Sp.Atk

Easily the strongest Pokemon on this team, and honestly, one of the best UU sets I've ever made. Because of its bulk and plethora of useful resistances, it has little to no problems setting up a nice bulky Sub to Focus Punch behind- but that's not all! As opposed to the usual SubPunch straight physical set, this Poliwrath is a MIXER, and a right nasty one at that. Fighting and Water have pretty good coverage, and a max Sp.Atk STAB'd Hydro Pump is NOTHING to sneeze at. Besides that, Poliwrath packs the ever-useful Vacuum Wave, one of the very few (only?) Sp.Atk based priority attacks (and STAB'd, to boot!). Ice Beam is sometimes preferable to Vacuum Wave for the sake of coverage (Grass-Poison types can give you problems sometimes, but that's what Charity's for). Either way, unless you actually decide to pack Hidden Power Electric, Mantine and Pelipper are going to give you a REALLY rough time. Besides that, however, Poliwrath is a very apt Pokemon, and runs one of the best mixer sets I've ever seen.

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpmfa479
Kairo @Light Clay
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Reflect
-Light Screen
Levitate, Timid
252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Havok's compliment. Kairo's main purpose is to handle those pesky Water-Flying types that switch in against Havok and take them down, but whenever possible... It can happily set up speedy Screens! Yes, even Rotom can take a hit if it has a Screen up. Reflect and Light Screen with Light Clay make Havok even MORE deadly in that it suddenly becomes a challenge just to break his SUBS without Super Effective attacks. Kairo usually goes down against more skeptical players that suspect some kind of trickery, but almost never do they kill it before it gets both screens up, setting up nicely for a Poliwrath sweep.

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpmfa411
Ironside @Leftovers
-Toxic
-Protect
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
Sturdy, Modest
236 HP, 252 Sp.Atk, 20 Sp.Def

I've never considered Bastiodon that great of a Pokemon, considering its weaknesses, but Ironside rocks my socks off. Sure, he's not that fantastic offensively (although, he does help handle a lot of otherwise troublesome Pokemon with Fire Blast, surprisingly), but Bastiodon is a VERY central part of my team- the focal point, almost, in that he's an amazing BRIDGE. Yes, a bridge. While not incredibly useful as an individual Pokemon, Ironside can happily switch in against one attack it resists (taking little to no damage thanks to its interesting typing), and then out to another Pokemon that can happily take care of the opponent's active Pokemon or predicted switch in. Consider it a more entertaining and less fragile version of Shedinja. Besides that, it sets up Stealth Rocks nicely. Toxic to damage, Protect to stall, and Fire Blast to take care of Grass-Poison types and Steel types.

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpffa241
Cali @Muscle Band Life Orb
-Thunderwave Heal Bell
-Milk Drink
-Return
-Fire Punch Earthquake
Thick Fat Scrappy, Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

This is probably the most in need of work Pokemon on the team. I've never been very good at utilizing Miltank, and this set is no exception. I've been considering going ahead and bulking out its HP and Sp.Def a little, throwing in Leftovers, and almost completely ignoring Atk. I might go with a full-on Cleric set, like T-Wave, Milk Drink, Heal Bell, and Return. Walled by a lot of Pokemon easily then, yes, but that's why there are SIX Pokemon on a team as opposed to one. A nice suggestion for EV spread might be appreciated.

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpmfa154
Breezy @Choice Scarf
-Seed Bomb
-Earthquake
-Return
-Leaf Storm
Overgrow, Naughty
252 Atk, 16 Sp.Atk, 240 Spd

One of my favorites on this team for its uniqueness and surprise factor. Meganium packs a respectable 80 base Spd, meaning it does relatively well with a Scarf. Seed Bomb is for STAB, and helps take care of Ground types, Water types, etc... Earthquake is usually pretty unexpected- people just never see it coming until it's too late. Return is there for lack of a better option, while Leaf Storm allows it to hit hard on the Special spectrum, and it doesn't mind the Sp.Atk drop so much because of its hit-and-run nature, anyway. Sadly, it doesn't get Sleep Powder, which I would gladly replace Return with. Leech Seed could be a fun option, though.

Last edited by GLaDOS on Wed 06 May 2009, 9:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://nuforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Tori

Tori

Female
Number of posts : 205
Trainer Type : Hawt/Cute/Wobby Trainer
Friend Code D/P : ...
Friend Code Platinum : ...
My Pokemon Team : .
AnyTrades UU Tier RMT 242AnyTrades UU Tier RMT 466AnyTrades UU Tier RMT 202
Warning :
AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-18

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Empty
PostSubject: Re: AnyTrades UU Tier RMT   AnyTrades UU Tier RMT I_icon_minitimeTue 05 May 2009, 8:54 pm

A very solid team. This is surprisingly awesome to look at and it is very likely to perform as well as you say if you know when to switch out Poliwrath, which you do =D. Since you said you need help with your Miltank and I run one, why shouldn't I help?

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT Dpffa241
Cali @Muscle Band Life Orb
-Thunderwave Heal Bell
-Milk Drink
-Return
-Fire Punch Earthquake
Thick Fat Scrappy, Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Okay, so, by the moveset of this pokemon, I can see you want a Bulky Sweeper idea with some form of Status Abuser. However, this is a weak and predictable set. One of your main problems is Thick Fat. Yes, the extra bulkiness is always welcome, but I would NEVER take that over being uncounterable. Miltank also has a beautiful movepool and can seriously help your team, namely Poliwrath, with certain moves such as Heal Bell. I suggested Heal Bell over Thunder Wave because if your Poliwrath gets statused before it gets the chance to Subsitute, your entire team is likely to suffer and fail. Heal Bell solves that problem and prevents things like Toxic Spikes, Roserade and Venasaur's Sleep Powder, and other random statuses. Fire Punch doesn't solve your Steel problems with this guy. Earthquake is much more powerful and can deal out more damage than Fire Punch. The Life Orb over Muscle Band is for the extra strength which you will need to pull anything off with this Miltank. Plus, you can always Milk Drink off the damage.

Good luck battling =D
Back to top Go down

AnyTrades UU Tier RMT
Page 1 of 1