Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeFAQRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Rate my BL/UU Team (Anytrades Tier)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SamuraiMaster
Battler
Battler

Male
Number of posts : 140
Trainer Type : Pokemon Master and Collector.
Friend Code D/P : Pearl Version: 2921-6686-5003
My Pokemon Team :

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Rate my BL/UU Team (Anytrades Tier)   Tue 19 May 2009, 2:47 pm

Here is a list of each Pokemon's role:

Banette: Lead
Typhlosion: Special Sweeper
Scyther: Physical Sweeper
Slowbro: Special Tank
Rhyperior: Physical Tank
Hitmontop: Spinner

Banette (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off
- Will-o-wisp
- Destiny Bond
---
Typhlosion (M) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Sunny Day
- Solarbeam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
---
Scyther (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 112 HP/216 Atk/180 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- X-Scissor
- Pursuit
- Brick Break
---
Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 212 HP/252 Def/44 SAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Slack Off
- Surf
---
Rhyperior (M) @ Lax Incense
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Def/252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
---
Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/72 Def/184 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
---
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/ninjamaster97
Tori

Female
Number of posts : 205
Trainer Type : Hawt/Cute/Wobby Trainer
Friend Code D/P : ...
Friend Code Platinum : ...
My Pokemon Team : .

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Rate my BL/UU Team (Anytrades Tier)   Tue 19 May 2009, 3:36 pm

You are better off using a Slowking for a Special tank than Slobro. It has a much higher SpD and the same, if not higher, base SpA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shine

Male
Number of posts : 146
Trainer Type : Team Builder
Friend Code D/P : 1890 7638 8294
Friend Code Platinum : 3309 1271 1875
My Pokemon Team : -

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Rate my BL/UU Team (Anytrades Tier)   Tue 19 May 2009, 5:04 pm

First, I'll look over the individual Pokemon and their sets. As I go, I'll see patterns of weakness in the team as a whole, so I'll discuss that afterwords.

--Banette
All right, first off, this isn't a bad lead, it really isn't. However, there are some things I would definitely consider. This Banette works with a Sash- if you're expecting to guarantee survival at least ONCE, then HP isn't an important factor. As such, you really don't need to invest in Banette's pitiful excuse for an HP stat, anyway. Especially considering that you're packing Destiny Bond, I would sooner throw those EVs into Spd. This Banette's pretty reliant on things like WilloWisp to start you off, so try to consider what it will take to escape the clutches of certain Taunt leads, such as Electrode- can Shadow Sneak comfortably 2HKO as it Taunts and before it sets up, say, Rain Dance? Consider those leads.

If you plan on still running Destiny Bond, I would maybe replace WilloWisp or Knock Off with Thunderwave. That'll help you outrun Pokemon and actually give Destiny Bond some merit. Otherwise, I would consider a Trick set. My favorite is the unexpected TrickSpecs (it DOES get T-Bolt, afterall), but an Adamant TrickBand Banette can guaranteed 2HKO Electrode with Shadow Sneak, which I'd say is worth some merit.

--Typhlosion
This is ALMOST an effective set, except for a couple of things... First off, Sunny Day doesn't benefit the rest of your team in ANY way whatsoever, besides reducing the power of Water attacks against Rhyperior, making Heat Rock AND Sunny Day rather worthless. Second of all, a question- how does this Typhlosion deal with OTHER Fire types? Any other Fire type would resist every attack in you selection, especially Hidden Power Ice.

If you're insistent on keeping this set a Sunny Day-based one, I would at least ditch the Heat Rock for, say, Wise Glasses or Expert Belt, and Hidden Power Ice for Hidden Power Ground/Rock. Otherwise, I might attempt replacing Flamethrower for Fire Blast, and MIXING it with Earthquake. Typhlosion also works well with Solarbeam while holding a Power Herb, which negates the charge time for moves like Solarbeam and Sky Attack once, allowing you to get a surprise jump against opposing Water, Rock, and Ground types. In fact, it works well as a lead.

--Scyther
I disapprove of Scyther because it's simply too centralized a Pokemon, particularly in UU... Not to mention this set's so standard it makes me wanna hurl.

If anything, I'd replace X-Scissor for U-Turn- it's better for scouting and predicting. I dunno what the EV spread's about, but I'd go ahead and just throw EVERYTHING into Atk and Spd. No reason not to... Make sure its HP is odd, though- that'll allow it to switch into Stealth Rocks twice and still survive with 1 HP. Oh, and why is it Adamant? Needs moar Jolly, dude.

--Slowbro
As Tori said, Slowbro's not really accustomed to taking hits on the special end of the spectrum. Slowbro's much more of a physical wall, and an effective one, at that. HP Grass WOULD keep Slowbro from being walled by other Water types, but possibly the most popular bulky Water type right now is Milotic, which wouldn't mind an HP Grass coming off of such a poorly invested in Sp.Atk stat, anyway- not to mention, Milotic tend to pack Toxic or Hypnosis, which would shutdown Slowbro completely. The nature is ENTIRELY off- Slowbro isn't even USING its Atk stat with this set, and despite that it's TRAINED in Def, it has a Def reducing nature... That doesn't make any sense. Slowbro should be BOLD.

I would sooner run Toxic or Thunderwave over Hidden Power Grass. A Paralyzed enemy works well with Slack Off, allowing you to quickly recover off damage before they can go in for a 2HKO, and Toxic has the same wonderful synergy- Toxistalling the foe. A Toxistall set is actually my favorite- Toxic, Flamethrower, Slack Off, and Amnesia/Calm Mind with a Bold nature, 212 HP, 252 Def, and 44 Sp.Def. It works wonders, and isn't walled so easily by Milotic or Mantine.

--Rhyperior
I don't know how you could expect this set to possibly work- besides the fact that Rhyperior packs, like, fifty billion weaknesses, (Solid Rock really doesn't do THAT much to help...), an Adamant nature only brings it to, like, 179 Spd- it's hardly even fast enough to be an effective wall-breaker. STAB'd EQ and Stone Edge is a plus, but it doesn't really matter if it's so slow that it gets OHKO'd by Surf or Grass Knot before it can even setup.

If anything, I would give this thing Rock Polish over Swords Dance to boost its Spd- if not that, then I'd replace it entirely. Rhyperior's simply easy to kill. It's not as bulky as anyone expected it to be, and it's too slow to really ever put that Swords Dance to good use. Also, there's no reason for him to be packing a Lax Incense. I'd give him something more useful, like a Life Orb- of course, I wouldn't run a set like that in the first place. He's better off as a wall or replaced entirely.

--Hitmontop
I'm sorry to say that because of his HP, Hitmontop will never be as bulky as you want him to be. Intimidate helps, but his HP is just too lack-luster. He's not bad, but there are many better options. Slowbro is the better choice for a physical wall- plus, Slowbro has a recovery move, unlike Hitmontop.

If you want a spinner, Claydol's the best in the game.

--The team OVERALL...
Overall, the team honestly seems sorta lack-luster. You don't have BAD coverage, but you could have much better coverage over your weaknesses and the likes. Mainly, the individual sets don't support each other much, leaving some holes in your defenses. Honestly, I think a lot of this comes from overestimation of the power of each individual Pokemon's sets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nuforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm
SamuraiMaster
Battler
Battler

Male
Number of posts : 140
Trainer Type : Pokemon Master and Collector.
Friend Code D/P : Pearl Version: 2921-6686-5003
My Pokemon Team :

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Rate my BL/UU Team (Anytrades Tier)   Wed 20 May 2009, 1:02 am

Quote :
All right, first off, this isn't a bad lead, it really isn't. However,
there are some things I would definitely consider. This Banette works
with a Sash- if you're expecting to guarantee survival at least ONCE,
then HP isn't an important factor. As such, you really don't need to
invest in Banette's pitiful excuse for an HP stat, anyway. Especially
considering that you're packing Destiny Bond, I would sooner throw
those EVs into Spd.

I didn't use an HP nature on Banette. I used an Attack nature.

Quote :
That doesn't make any sense. Slowbro should be BOLD.

It was supposed to be a Bold nature but gay Shoddy was going through some glitch and some how, put a lonely nature on it!

I made this team awhile back. I'm going to do a full revamp of it. Thanks for rating! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/ninjamaster97
Tori

Female
Number of posts : 205
Trainer Type : Hawt/Cute/Wobby Trainer
Friend Code D/P : ...
Friend Code Platinum : ...
My Pokemon Team : .

Warning :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Rate my BL/UU Team (Anytrades Tier)   Wed 20 May 2009, 1:40 pm

First of all, there isn't an HP Nature. Why don't you look at your EV Spread, then come back and say that you didn't put anything in HP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rate my BL/UU Team (Anytrades Tier)   

Back to top Go down

Rate my BL/UU Team (Anytrades Tier)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1