Any Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brand new UU foo!

Go down 
+2
Monkster
TheThunderBringer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheThunderBringer

Male
Number of posts : 21
Trainer Type : Not sure what to put >.>
Friend Code D/P : 1934 4682 9377
Friend Code Platinum : N/A
My Pokemon Team : Brand new UU foo! Dpicon101Brand new UU foo! Dpicon465Brand new UU foo! Dpicon128Brand new UU foo! Dpicon106Brand new UU foo! Dpicon407Brand new UU foo! Dpicon097
Warning :
Brand new UU foo! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Brand new UU foo! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-28

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 12:11 pm

I've been wanting a UU team for awhile now, and I just got around to writing one up. Tell me what you think

Electrode @Focus Sash @Modest

Static

252Atk/225sp

Spark+

Thunder Wave

Screech+

Self-destruct+

Electrode is almost gonna be a sort of supporter more than a sweeper. Depending on who the opponent starts with, I'll use of those attacks. Spark if i think I can 1HKO it, Thunder Wave as a nice segway to set up Tangrowth or Screech as a segway for Hitmonlee to come in. And when he's done, Self-Destruct ^^

Tangrowth @Leftovers @Calm

Chlorophyll

252hp 100Def 160spAtk

Sunny Day+

Synthesis (move tutor)

Solar Beam+

Ancient Power+

As soon as I see a Pokemon that I know is a Physical Attacker (and not a fire type) I'll send out Tangrowth. I set up Sunny Day for a nice speed boost and for instant Solar Beam useage. Should I give it more Speed EVs? Ancient Power (rock) can handle it's flying AND fire weaknesses and Synthesis is for instant HP regen during Sunlight= 1/3 HP regain.

Muk @Black Sludge @Carefull

Sticky Hold

252hp 80def 176spDef

Curse+

Ice Punch (move tutot)

Poison Jab+

Explosion+

Muk is my semi-mixed wall, I gave him good Specail Def AND pretty good Defense. When he uses Curse his defense (and Attack) will become even better, while he does this, he's semi-covered by Black Sludge. I might add the attack 'Wish' to somebody to help him regain HP after curse...suggestions? Poison Jab is for some nice STAB, and Ice Punch covers his ground weakness. Explosion when he's done =p

Hitmonlee @Life Orb @Adament

Limber

252atk/252sp/6hp

Close Combat+

Blaze kick+

E-quake+

Return+

I'm not too sure about his EVs...or his hold item...suggestions? He comes in after Electrode uses Screech to sharply lower def. And he'll be doing some sweeping and returning when against an opposing type.

Shuckle @Chesto Berry @Sassy

Gluttony

252hp/ 126def/ 126spDef

Toxic+

Stealth Rock+

Rest+

Encore+

Shuckle is my favorite Pokemon of all...not really for battling...mostly I just like him, but he works great as a mixed wall staller in UU. He'll come soon, hopefully to start the Stealth Rock verdict. Also, after using Toxic, if he's low on HP Rest+Chesto Berry=Recharged =) I MAY replace Encore with Wrap (it's hard to time) Should I?

Tauros @Choice Band? @Jolly

Either

252atk 252spd

Zen Headbutt+

Iron Head (move tutor)

Thrash/Takedown/Return/Strength++++

???????

Tauros will finish what Shuckle starts with Toxic, he's my sweeper (I don't have choice scraf Sad) I'm REALLY confused with his moveset...I just can't decide on what to give him. Suggestions pl0x

PS: The little '+' next to the attacks means I have the neccesary TM/Egg Move to give to him without help from others via trade.

When it says 'move tutor' next to the move, of course, I get it from the Plat move tutor. BUT, sadly, I lack Platinum and would be VERY thankfull if somebody could borrow the Pokemon to teach the move to. Just tell me what you want in exchange. ^^

PSS: I'd also like it if somebody could get me the TM Thunder Wave (I don't mind if it's hacked) Oh yeah, and also Earthquake

THANKS

Last edited by TheThunderBringer on Wed 29 Jul 2009, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Monkster

Monkster

Male
Number of posts : 104
Trainer Type : Casual
Friend Code D/P : Ask me
Friend Code Platinum : Ask me
My Pokemon Team : Mawile
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 2:22 pm

somebody will probably do a more thorough job, but i have a few suggestions.

Electrode: modest is a sp atk nature, but both of your attacks are physical so they would lose some power, i think youd be better with thunderbolt instead of spark, and you would definately be better with explosion instead of self destruct (More power+no drawbacks=win)

Tangrowth: im not too good at math, but i think you got 2 EV's too much

Hitmonlee: looks kinda good how it is, although you might wanna consider dropping return for a move that would give you more coverage or with sucker punch/mach punch for faster foes

Tauros: return is the best of those normal attacks you provided, put a strong move like earthquake/stone edge in the fourth slot
Back to top Go down
TheThunderBringer

Male
My Pokemon Team : Brand new UU foo! Dpicon101Brand new UU foo! Dpicon465Brand new UU foo! Dpicon128Brand new UU foo! Dpicon106Brand new UU foo! Dpicon407Brand new UU foo! Dpicon097
Warning :

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 2:53 pm

ok, thanks, I forgot to change Nature to Modest >.>
Back to top Go down
Brikien93
Admin
Admin
Brikien93

Male
Number of posts : 427
Trainer Type : Flygon trainer
Friend Code D/P : 2492-5233-9338
Friend Code Platinum : Coming Soon
My Pokemon Team : _______
Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani101Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani330Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani171Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani154Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani184Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani233

Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani012Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani059Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani028Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani326Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani479Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani452

Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani201Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani201Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani201Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani201Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani201Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani201
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-15

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 3:48 pm

Prepare to be walled by a mighty wall of text that rivals that of a +6 crocune.

Quote :

Static

252Atk/225sp

Spark+

Thunder Wave

Screech+

Self-destruct+

Electrode is almost gonna be a sort of supporter more than a sweeper. Depending on who the opponent starts with, I'll use of those attacks. Spark if i think I can 1HKO it, Thunder Wave as a nice segway to set up Tangrowth or Screech as a segway for Hitmonlee to come in. And when he's done, Self-Destruct ^^

First we'll start with this badass. Lead Electrode needs some serious overhaul. First off, Spark is a physical attack, so modest hinders it severly. Thunderbolt is a much better option. Also use a Naive nature. Electrode sports the 4th highest speed in the world, so abuse it. I think you should replace thunderwave with HP-Ice or HP-Fire to deal with the ever common roserade lead. Fire might be the better option, as a registeel lead is not uncommon. Don't expect to do any severe damage though. I used to run an electrode lead myself.

Electrode @ Focus Sash
Ability: Static
Naive nature (+Spe, -Sp Def)
252 Spe, 252 Atk, 6 Sp Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion
- Taunt
- HP-Ice

Taunt makes for the best way to deal with both registeel and roserade leads, as well as stopping yanmega leads from putting you to sleep. Thunderbolt is STAB only, but should be used until your HP drops too severly. Sash ensures your survival to explode in the face of your adversaries. Taunt as I said before also stops things from setting up stealth rock against you. HP-Ice is filler mostly, and you could replace it with screech or thunderwave if you'd like.

Quote :

Chlorophyll

252hp 100Def 160spAtk

Sunny Day+

Synthesis (move tutor)

Solar Beam+

Ancient Power+

As soon as I see a Pokemon that I know is a Physical Attacker (and not a fire type) I'll send out Tangrowth. I set up Sunny Day for a nice speed boost and for instant Solar Beam useage. Should I give it more Speed EVs? Ancient Power (rock) can handle it's flying AND fire weaknesses and Synthesis is for instant HP regen during Sunlight= 1/3 HP regain.

Tangrowth should be used as a physical wall, not a special wall. If you're using Sunny day, then the team should be based around it. It's not a good idea to use it for only one pokemon. Instead I recommend an alternative setup.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Bold nature
236 HP, 216 Def, 58 Sp Atk
- Knock Off
- Energy Ball
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore/Leech Seed

This set provides you with an excellent supporting Tangrowth set. EV's give you maximum leftovers recovery, and hits a defense jump point. The remainder were thrown into Sp Atk to boost your energy balls power a bit. Knock Off lets you rid walls of their items and sweepers of their items, therefore making them possible to deal with. Energy Ball is generally nothing short of a STAB move. Sleep Powder lets you shut down a counter and possibly even force a switch. The last slot is whether you want double status (The use of sleeping an opponent with one move, predicting a switch, and paralyzing whatever they switch in with para move) or some extra health insurance in the form of leech seed.

Quote :

Sticky Hold

252hp 80def 176spDef

Curse+

Ice Punch (move tutot)

Poison Jab+

Explosion+

Muk is my semi-mixed wall, I gave him good Specail Def AND pretty good Defense. When he uses Curse his defense (and Attack) will become even better, while he does this, he's semi-covered by Black Sludge. I might add the attack 'Wish' to somebody to help him regain HP after curse...suggestions? Poison Jab is for some nice STAB, and Ice Punch covers his ground weakness. Explosion when he's done =p

This set seems ok, but you might consider a different pokemon in this spot, as your team severly lacks a special tank and a special sweeper. I suggest using Choice Specs Roserade, as it provides you excellent special sweeping abilities.

Roserade @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid nature
252 Sp Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
- Leaf Storm
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Fire
- Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder

At first glance sleep powder may seem strange on a choiced set, but it can help for scouting and shutting down a would be counter. Leaf Storm is a great STAB move, especially on a choice set where you'll be switching in and out constantly. Energy Ball is a good backup STAB move for late game sweeping and when you can't afford switching out. HP-Fire lets you hit those that wall this set (Steel types) The final slot is for whether you want an extra STAB move, or a way to sleep a would be counter as I stated previously. Sludge Bomb has redundant coverag with HP-Fire however. Natural Cure lets you absorb status easily, therefore giving you near free switch ins against things like paralysis and sleep leaving you to simply exit the field and come back at perfect health.

Quote :

Limber

252atk/252sp/6hp

Close Combat+

Blaze kick+

E-quake+

Return+

I'm not too sure about his EVs...or his hold item...suggestions? He comes in after Electrode uses Screech to sharply lower def. And he'll be doing some sweeping and returning when against an opposing type.

Hitmonlee looks decent enough, but return needs to be replaced with stone edge, and blaze kick should be taken out for sucker punch or mach punch like monke said. Your team lacks a solid revenge killer, so you might scarf hitmonlee instead. You'll be switching in and out a lot, but with a resistance to stealth rock, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Quote :

Gluttony

252hp/ 126def/ 126spDef

Toxic+

Stealth Rock+

Rest+

Encore+

Shuckle is my favorite Pokemon of all...not really for battling...mostly I just like him, but he works great as a mixed wall staller in UU. He'll come soon, hopefully to start the Stealth Rock verdict. Also, after using Toxic, if he's low on HP Rest+Chesto Berry=Recharged =) I MAY replace Encore with Wrap (it's hard to time) Should I?

No offense, but I see shuckle being mostly dead weight on this team. He's a god of a wall I know, but his main role in life is to be the most annoying thing in the stall team universe next to stallrein. Your team is lacking some serious special bulk, so I recommend you swap out shuckle for something along the lines of hypno or Grumpig. They both work well with Roserade, since they resist her psychic weakness. Hypno though I think would be the superior option, since you can come in on all sleep powders and hypnosis's with him.

Hypno @ Light Clay
Ability: Insomnia
Calm nature
252 HP, 216 Sp Def, 40 Def
- Seismic Toss
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wish

Here we have an excellent supporter. This guy will provide your team with some amazing support with dual screens and wish support. 8 Turn screens means your frail sweepers (Roserade and Hitmonlee) will have an easy time taking neutral hits, therefore making sweeping a breeze for them. Seismic Toss provides you with consistent damage, and avoids the horrors of becoming taunt bait. Wish lets you keep your sweepers in the game as long as possible.

Quote :
Tauros @Choice Band? @Jolly

Either

252atk 252spd

Zen Headbutt+

Iron Head (move tutor)

Thrash/Takedown/Return/Strength++++

???????

Tauros will finish what Shuckle starts with Toxic, he's my sweeper (I don't have choice scraf Sad) I'm REALLY confused with his moveset...I just can't decide on what to give him. Suggestions pl0x

On Tauros, the set is pretty good, but if you do opt for a choice bander, then you can keep the Life Orb on hitmonlee. Go with the moveset Return, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Pursuit. Intimidate ability is the best option on him.

Those are all the suggestions I have for now, but if I find time for it later, i'll go a second run through your team and see about more things I can fix.

Also off topic here, but if you were to add pictures, it would make the post easier to read, and more appealing for the raters. Simply find the picture of the desired pokemon, copy the URL of the picture, and put [img][/img] around the URL. It makes it look better when you do it like that =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Brikien93_The_Best
TheThunderBringer

Male
Warning :

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 5:24 pm

wow...that WAS a wall of text XD but it was a very usefull wall, I'll take all those things into conideration when forming the team. 1 question; I thought Taunt just confused the opponent and sharply raised it's attack, how does it stop Stealth Rock?

Thank you A LOT for those suggestions, I didn't even think about the lack of a Special Sweeper =/
Back to top Go down
Monkster

Monkster

Male
Number of posts : 104
Trainer Type : Casual
Friend Code D/P : Ask me
Friend Code Platinum : Ask me
My Pokemon Team : Mawile
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-24

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 5:26 pm

swagger confuses the opponent and raises their attack, taunt forces them to use attacking moves which means they cannot use support moves i.e. stealth rock
Back to top Go down
TheThunderBringer

Male
Warning :

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeWed 29 Jul 2009, 9:02 pm

Wait...one problem; Hypno doesn't learn Seismic Toss...or Wish
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Male
Number of posts : 79
Trainer Type : Psychic Type FOO
Friend Code D/P : 4124 4907 8488
My Pokemon Team : Brand new UU foo! I_gardevoirBrand new UU foo! I_galladeBrand new UU foo! Dpiconani201Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani201Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani201Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani201Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani201Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani201
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-07

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 6:20 am

You're right- it can't learn either of those through leveling up. However, it can learn Seismic Toss through a move tutor in FR, LG, Emerald and XD. The only way it can get Wish is through an event, though... you'll need to Sav that one by the looks of things. Unless you only use Shoddy? In that case it doesn't matter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheThunderBringer

Male
Warning :

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Jul 2009, 1:04 pm

Yeah...I don't really know how to get an untonched Drowzee with the right nature in FR...

If anybody has a Drowzee with Wish and Sesmic Toss, I'll trade you something good for it. *hopefull*
Back to top Go down
Shine

Shine

Male
Number of posts : 146
Trainer Type : Team Builder
Friend Code D/P : 1890 7638 8294
Friend Code Platinum : 3309 1271 1875
My Pokemon Team : -
Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani432Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani097Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani411
Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani012Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani171Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani308
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009, 6:51 pm

Before anything: YES, I took away all the formatting on your RMT. Why? It was horribly painful to look at. The extra spacing between lines, the font color... For the sake of my sanity, I had to change it.

As for the team itself~

Well, overall, there's no huge typing weakness, from what I can tell. However, you have nothing to safely switch into a Ground attack like Earthquake, so be careful about that, or consider making some changes to accommodate for that.

TheThunderBringer wrote:

Static
252Atk/225sp
Spark
Thunder Wave
Screech
Self-destruct

A PHYSICAL Electrode? And what's worse, it's Modest... Not only does a Modest nature NOT support Electrode's break-neck Spd (one of the few reasons to use it), but it actually LOWERS Electrode's Atk stat, the one you're trying to use to cause damage. Unless you get in two or three Screeches and have a type advantage, Spark isn't going to be OHKO'ing ANYTHING anytime soon. Aside from the nature disadvantage and shear lack of power in the move choice, Electrode has a pitiful base Atk stat of FIFTY. Finally, Self-Destruct has no place in this set, considering it's COMPLETELY outclassed by the MUCH more powerful Explosion, which shouldn't even NEED any kind of real Atk investment to either OHKO a defensively weak Pokemon, or at least make a big dent in something more bulky. This set requires a COMPLETE re-design. I'd suggest:

Electrode @Focus Sash
-Thunderwave
-Thunderbolt
-Explosion/Hidden Power Ice
-Taunt
Static, Hasty
252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

With this set, you can cripple setup leads with Taunt, keeping them from setting up Rocks or Spikes and such, and then T-Wave the same thing or anything else to cripple. Thunderbolt gives it some moderate offensive capabilities, and Explosion can come in mid or late-game to even out the playing field in certain cases. The nature choice, Hasty, boosts Electrode's massive Spd stat, lowering its worthless Def stat, as opposed to a Timid nature, which would lower Atk, reducing Explosion damage. Essentially, this does the same job a million times better.

TheThunderBringer wrote:

Chlorophyll
252hp 100Def 160spAtk
Sunny Day
Synthesis
Solar Beam
Ancient Power

I'm not entirely sure why Tangrowth is here running a Sunny Day set. Besides being almost entirely outclassed by Venusaur (in my opinion), this Sunny Day set doesn't benefit the rest of the team AT ALL, and in fact, might actually end up hurting it more than helping it. Unless your entire team benefits from a Weather effect, there's no reason to potentially sign your own death sentence by setting up a Weather effect the enemy might actually benefit from more than you yourself could. Once again, also, your Nature does not behoove the rest of your set. A Calm nature boosts Sp.Def in exchange for Atk- Tangrowth has horrible Sp.Def (base fifty), and yours is geared towards being PHYSICALLY bulky, anyway. You'd sooner run Bold for the same effect, although, the lack of Spd investment makes Chlorophyll worthless. And furthermore, your EV spread equals out two points higher than what is possible to run- the max is 510, not 512. Any Grass type would easily wall this, particularly the likes of Venusaur and Roserade, besides Poison types with strong defenses such as Muk and Swalot. Aside from that, the fact that you need to set up Sunny Day for half your moveset to be effective DRASTICALLY slows your team down, and gives the opponent some valuable setup time. I'm no expert with Tangrowth or anything, but I would sooner consider running, say... A mixed sweeper set.

Tangrowth @White Herb
-Earthquake
-Leaf Storm
-Sleep Powder
-Rock Tomb/Rock Slide
Chlorophyll, Naughty
152 HP, 252 Atk, 96 Def, 8 Spd

This set takes advantage of Tangrowth's naturally high offensive stats and access to Leaf Storm. Basically, EQ is your main offensive attack, while a STAB'd Leaf Storm comes in at full power against foes with a type disadvantage, and then White Herb brings it back up to max again for another shot, which also helps against your slight CroCune weakness. Sleep Powder lets you shut-down slower foes and punish bad switch-ins, as does Rock Tomb, which could lower a switch-in's Spd enough to let you outrun them the turn after. The 8 points of investment in Spd lets you outrun any other base 50 Spd Pokemon with no real investment that might happen to throw in those last four points at Spd for whatever reason.

TheThunderBringer wrote:

Sticky Hold
252hp 80def 176spDef
Curse
Ice Punch
Poison Jab
Explosion

First off, a mistake people often make on EV spreads- many people who run a Pokemon with Leftovers or Black Sludge like this have a tendency to immediately invest max HP- this is ENTIRELY unnecessary unless you're attempting to survive a particular attack or something. Muk only needs 196 EVs in HP in order to reach the maximum possible Leftovers/Black Sludge recovery. Once you hit the max (in Muk's case, 400 HP, since 400/16 = 25 even), there's no reason to invest anymore. Moving on- Steel types wall this set ENTIRELY. Literally, ANY given Steel type can resist ALL of your attacks, and easily Roar you off the field. That in mind, I'd recommend Brick Break over Explosion- you already have ONE Pokemon blowing itself to smithereens, you don't need two. Fire Punch is another option, but Brick Break has the added benefit of busting up Screens and hitting 4x Super Effective damage against things like Bastiodon and Probopass (myself being an avid Bastiodon fan). The set in general isn't bad, though.

Muk @Black Sludge
-Curse
-Poison Jab
-Ice Punch
-Brick Break/Fire Punch
Sticky Hold, Careful
196 HP, 80 Def, 232 Sp.Def (Consider adding some Atk- even with Curse, he won't do as much as you'd think without some investment).

TheThunderBringer wrote:

Limber
252atk/252sp/6hp
Close Combat
Blaze kick
E-quake
Return

Hitmonlee probably shouldn't be running Life Orb, honestly- yeah, he's fast and fragile, but he's not a mixer, and I'd sooner save the Life Orbs for mixers. For a purely physical set, I'd sooner run a Muscle Band. Choice Scarf would also be a good choice, since you don't seem to have any other Scarfers on your team... Close Combat's good, EQ is good, but I dunno about Blaze Kick, and Return has NO place here when Hitmonlee has so many better options open to him. Sucker Punch, for example. If there's one thing you can be certain about, it's that Mismagius will always win against this set. Also, he shouldn't NEED Electrode's Screech to kill things easily.

Hitmonlee @Muscle Band/Leftovers
-Substitute
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Sucker Punch/Bullet Punch
Limber, Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

This Lee should be pretty nifty. Close Combat and Sucker Punch have almost perfect coverage together. However, Mismagius has no problems dealing with Sucker Punch, considering it normally likes to Sub and Calm Mind up before doing anything else... That in mind, you can switch Hitmonlee into something as a REVENGE killer, and then when they decide to switch into, say, Mismagius, you set up a Sub of your own instead, and Stone Edge them in the face when they think you can't do anything to them but swing blindly with Sucker Punch. Bullet Punch is an option if you want a safer, albeit less powerful priority move, and Rock Slide is more accurate than Stone Edge. Sadly, it also packs quite a bit less power.

TheThunderBringer wrote:

Gluttony
252hp/ 126def/ 126spDef
Toxic
Stealth Rock
Rest
Encore

... Oh. THAT Shuckle. The standard Shuckle that EVERYONE uses, because it can't do jackshit otherwise. I can't say much here. But, Leftovers > Chesto Berry, and Shuckle's crappyass HP DEMANDS max investment either way, so yeah... Encore is much better than Wrap. Wrap is bad, don't bother with it. Ever.

TheThunderBringer wrote:

Tauros @Choice Band? @JollyEither
252atk 252spd
Zen Headbutt
Iron Head
Thrash/Takedown/Return/Strength
???????

Zen Headbutt...? Iron Head...? Wtf, THRASH?! TAKEDOWN?! STRENGTH!??!?!?!?111111
No. Just... No.

Tauros @Choice Band
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Return
-Pursuit
Intimidate, Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

Best coverage and power he can get, period. I'm honestly not a fan of Choice Band, and I try to avoid it, but it's okay, I guess. I'd sooner run Muscle Band... The ability to switch between attacks is nearly invaluable. Switching wastes a lot of time...
Back to top Go down
http://nuforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Captain Nick
Admin
Admin
Captain Nick

Male
Number of posts : 432
Trainer Type : Pirate
Friend Code D/P : 4038 5093 8891
Friend Code Platinum : 1676-9566-3460
My Pokemon Team : Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani269Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani181Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani034Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani106Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani241Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani354
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-26

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009, 7:57 pm

You know Shine, this is obviously one of his first UU teams and he is obviously relatively new to battling. The constant insulting and ripping on him is completely unneccesary. Constructive critisism is much more helpful than this verbal whiplash you just unleashed on the kid. Try to keep in mind who you are talking to before ranting on his face. Please try and be more considerate next time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/frogmangosplat
Shine

Shine

Male
Number of posts : 146
Trainer Type : Team Builder
Friend Code D/P : 1890 7638 8294
Friend Code Platinum : 3309 1271 1875
My Pokemon Team : -
Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani432Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani097Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani411
Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani012Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani171Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani308
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009, 8:18 pm

Captain Nick wrote:
You know Shine, this is obviously one of his first UU teams and he is obviously relatively new to battling. The constant insulting and ripping on him is completely unneccesary. Constructive critisism is much more helpful than this verbal whiplash you just unleashed on the kid. Try to keep in mind who you are talking to before ranting on his face. Please try and be more considerate next time.
Sorry, I've been out of it lately.

At least it's good information... Kinda. I mean, I'm not a BAD battler, am I? I guess I came off as crude without really meaning to, but I like to think I'm at least providing some help... I'll try to summarize everything I said, like, in a nicer way...

Electrode-
His Atk stat isn't very good, but his Sp.Atk is pretty passable. His Spd is what really makes him shine, so take advantage of that. You could run a Timid nature if you don't wanna run Explosion (Explosion essentially being a buffed up Self-Destruct), but if you wanna run Explosion, you could go for a Hasty nature, since Hasty won't drop your Atk stat.

Tangrowth-
Since Tangrowth is the only Pokemon on the team that benefits from sunlight, it oughta either be replaced or altered. A turn of setup that only helps that one Pokemon isn't gonna do much good once it's dead. It has good stats overall, except for his Sp.Def, so I thought a mixer would work well, since it gets a move as strong as Leaf Storm, and it can stand to run a Naughty nature since its Sp.Def isn't really worth investing in, anyway.

Muk-
Muk's fine for the most part, but it's walled really easily by Steel types, and a second Explosion probably isn't necessary. As such, I'd go for Brick Break over Explosion, since it'll cover Steel types AND help to bust up Screens. Fire Punch is an option, but Brick Break is better against, like, Bastiodon and Probopass, especially since you don't have to worry about Skarmory in UU.

Hitmonlee-
Pretty much every Hitmonlee's gonna be setup fodder for Mismagius. I'd say Life Orb is reserved for speedy Mixers and the likes, while Hitmonlee should maybe run Muscle Band or Leftovers. As a revenge killer, Substitute might save you some trouble against switch ins like Mismagius when people try to defend their precious Chansey and such, giving you time to, say, Stone Edge for a OHKO, assuming they don't Sub first. Once they're down to the point where they can't Sub anymore, though, a Sucker Punch will take care of them. (Sub, Close Combat, Sucker Punch, Rock Slide/Stone Edge?)

Shuckle-
I'll say right now that Shuckle's very predictable, and relatively easy to counter because of that. Definitely run ENCORE over Wrap, because Wrap generally isn't very useful. Despite being inaccurate, yeah, it's even harder to use than Encore. I generally prefer to run Encore on faster Pokemon, but someone with better prediction can make great use of Encore against a very setup oriented player such as myself. I'd run Leftovers instead of Chesto, though. Chesto's better reserved for bulky sweepers and such.

Tauros-
I was really cruel here earlier... I'll say USEFUL things here this time. The problem with Zen Headbutt is that, well, Psychic attacks don't have very good coverage, really, and there are much stronger attacks he can invest in. The same goes for Iron Head. That 30% flinch chance might seem really appealing, but it's not very useful for the most part- Steel isn't a very good offensive type. A lot of types resist it, and it's only Super Effective against Rock. As for the third mish-mash of moves... The problem with a banded Pokemon using a move like Thrash is that Thrash, being one of those moves that just goes on and on and on for two or three turns, traps the user. That in mind, they can easily swap in pretty much any given Steel, Rock, or Ghost type, and setup on you while you're doing pretty much nothing. Take Down is generally a weak move, and comes with recoil. Strength is in the same boat as Take Down- it's really not very strong, despite its name. Return, on the otherhand, hits 102 base power at max happiness, which is much more useful. Aside from that, you can switch out after Return, and don't take any recoil! Earthquake and Stone Edge grant pretty solid coverage. Return is a pretty good STAB move, too, and pretty much the best most Normal types can get (besides Body Slam). Pursuit's a good choice for the last move- a lot of people assume Tauros is gonna try and go for the Super Effective damage, and they don't want that to happen. As such, they'll probably switch to mitigate damage (as I always do- I'm so predictable). That's where Pursuit comes in, allowing you to hit runners before they get away.

Sorry for being so rude the first time, hope this one's more helpful.
Back to top Go down
http://nuforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Captain Nick
Admin
Admin
Captain Nick

Male
Number of posts : 432
Trainer Type : Pirate
Friend Code D/P : 4038 5093 8891
Friend Code Platinum : 1676-9566-3460
My Pokemon Team : Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani269Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani181Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani034Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani106Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani241Brand new UU foo! Dpiconani354
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-02-26

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009, 8:52 pm

I didn't say it was bad help. It was good information. The tone that came through with you post is what I was objecting to. You are a good battler and your advice in these rate my team threads are helpful, just don't try and degrade the person you are talking to while doing it. It tends to take the fun out of the team building experience if you make the person feel like crap for not using what you would feel is right.

All I'm asking is for you to be a bit more concious of how you respond on top of the information you are providing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/frogmangosplat
TheThunderBringer

Male
Warning :

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jul 2009, 9:02 pm

I beleive somebody already told me to use that nature/set of Electrode, call me crazy, but they may have said a bit more...y'know...nicely? ^^

But I do appreciate the suggestions, albeit, a bit rude. After yours and other's input, I have indeed switched up the sets/EVs/Pokemon for the team. I guess I'll post it with later...to be honest, I don't feel too compeled to XD But I will for the sake of people's HELP. It's usually pretty helpfull, but I hear it has a bad aftertaste

Thanks? >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brand new UU foo! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand new UU foo!   Brand new UU foo! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brand new UU foo!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Any Trades :: Dump-
Jump to: