Any Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arbok

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brikien93
Admin
Admin
Brikien93

Male
Number of posts : 427
Trainer Type : Flygon trainer
Friend Code D/P : 2492-5233-9338
Friend Code Platinum : Coming Soon
My Pokemon Team : _______
Arbok Dpiconani101Arbok Dpiconani330Arbok Dpiconani171Arbok Dpiconani154Arbok Dpiconani184Arbok Dpiconani233

Arbok Dpiconani012Arbok Dpiconani059Arbok Dpiconani028Arbok Dpiconani326Arbok Dpiconani479Arbok Dpiconani452

Arbok Dpiconani201Arbok Dpiconani201Arbok Dpiconani201Arbok Dpiconani201Arbok Dpiconani201Arbok Dpiconani201
Warning :
Arbok Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Arbok Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-15

Arbok Empty
PostSubject: Arbok   Arbok I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Aug 2009, 7:57 pm

Arbok
Arbok 24

Arbok T_psn

Poor arbok. Many times i've seen the poor guy get the shaft for seviper, but it can't be denied that he's the jessie ORIGINAL. Having access to not 1, but 2 fantastic abilities is a great improvement over it's younger brother. Let's see what kind of gimmicks can be pulled out of a hat with this bad arse NU

Disable your way to VICTORY!

Arbok @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Adamant nature
252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Spe
- Glare
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Disable

During one of nick and I's famous rapid fire gimmick sessions (ok so they're not famous, but they're fun) I went to a dex page on arbok. As I scrolled through his many options, I noticed pursuit. As I slowly glanced up from that, I also noticed he has Disable as an egg move. Then I had my set. It works fantastically in NU as i've seen, and does mediocre at best in UU, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to do good in UU. Any unsuspecting foe is gonna have trouble with it (That means everybody) Glare is really inaccurate, but it hits everything for paralysis unlike Twave. Earthquake keeps it from being walled by steel types and gets MUCH better coverage than poison jab could ever hope to achieve. Pursuit combines great with disable, seeing as disabling a slack off, psychic, EQ, or other some such move really hinders a foe, and forces them out meaning you pursuit them for 80 base damage. Disable is especially useful as a team support type move. Disable a choiced pokemon and what happens? They HAVE to switch out. Disable a psychic from a slowbro or some such? BRING IN THE TOXICROAK! Disable Ice Beam from that Dewgong? Get your dancing altaria out for some setup based action!

Now let's see what kind of cool arbok sets you all can come up with! I wanna see some gimmicks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Brikien93_The_Best
SS HG Ho-oh Lugia

Male
Number of posts : 3
Trainer Type : Bug/Dragon/Grass
Friend Code D/P : N/A(Dang it)
Friend Code Platinum : N/A(Dang it)
My Pokemon Team : Rayquaza
Dragonite
Scizor
Forretress
Torterra
Shaymin-S
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-07-10

Arbok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbok   Arbok I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 8:38 am

You can also do a special set for arbok which no one keeps in their team for competitive used arbok

Arbok@Wiseglasses
Modest nature
Evs:252 sp.atk,132 spd,120 atk,6 hp
~Dark pulse
~Giga drain
~Sludge bomb
~Earthquake

you may think that EQ, a physical move being on a special set is odd but it's vital.
Earthquake is for steels like registeel and the like who think they can wall you just because of their typing.Dark pulse takes down the likes of slowbro and claydol, which may surprise your opponent.Giga drain is a great move as you get half of the damage caused by the attack re-absorbed into your health and hits those bulky waters that are such a problem for some UU pokemon.Sludge bomb is powerful and STAB makes it hurt a lot(Especially on grass types).
Back to top Go down
Shine

Shine

Male
Number of posts : 146
Trainer Type : Team Builder
Friend Code D/P : 1890 7638 8294
Friend Code Platinum : 3309 1271 1875
My Pokemon Team : -
Arbok Dpiconani432Arbok Dpiconani097Arbok Dpiconani411
Arbok Dpiconani012Arbok Dpiconani171Arbok Dpiconani308
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Arbok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbok   Arbok I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 11:18 am

SS HG Ho-oh Lugia wrote:
You can also do a special set for arbok which no one keeps in their team for competitive used arbok

Arbok@Wiseglasses
Modest nature
Evs:252 sp.atk,132 spd,120 atk,6 hp
~Dark pulse
~Giga drain
~Sludge bomb
~Earthquake

you may think that EQ, a physical move being on a special set is odd but it's vital.
Earthquake is for steels like registeel and the like who think they can wall you just because of their typing.Dark pulse takes down the likes of slowbro and claydol, which may surprise your opponent.Giga drain is a great move as you get half of the damage caused by the attack re-absorbed into your health and hits those bulky waters that are such a problem for some UU pokemon.Sludge bomb is powerful and STAB makes it hurt a lot(Especially on grass types).

Aside from the fact that Registeel ALSO likes to pack Earthquake with notable regularity, you've given Arbok an attack to deal with it which relies on a stat you reduced by your nature. Modest nature reduces Atk, bringing Arbok's Atk stat to about 212, assuming max IVs. Registeel happens to pack max HP, and already has a whopping 336 Def without any investment.

At this point, your Arbok stands to MAYBE 4HKO Registeel with about 100 damage per EQ, assuming it doesn't Rest off damage. Registeel, on the otherhand, easily pulls a 2HKO on Arbok in return.

Even if you were to slap a Choice Band on this thing, you'd still only be able to manage a 3HKO at best- and that's after I changed the nature to Rash, salvaging your Atk a little bit.

I'll also note that Giga Drain's low power doesn't do much good on a non-STAB'd, low Sp.Atk Pokemon like Arbok.
Back to top Go down
http://nuforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

Arbok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbok   Arbok I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arbok
Page 1 of 1