Any Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mismagius

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shine

Shine

Male
Number of posts : 146
Trainer Type : Team Builder
Friend Code D/P : 1890 7638 8294
Friend Code Platinum : 3309 1271 1875
My Pokemon Team : -
Mismagius Dpiconani432Mismagius Dpiconani097Mismagius Dpiconani411
Mismagius Dpiconani012Mismagius Dpiconani171Mismagius Dpiconani308
Warning :
Mismagius Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Mismagius Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Mismagius Empty
PostSubject: Mismagius   Mismagius I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2009, 10:07 pm

I haven't made any original posts here in the Gimmick Section yet, and I haven't really been around at all in a long time, so I figured I'd go ahead and post up an old set I used to use for Mismagius.

Mismagius 429

Mismagius @Leftovers
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Curse
-Imprison/Perish Song/Destiny Bond (Heal Bell*)
Levitate, Jolly
44 HP, 208 Def, 252 Spd

*: Only upon the release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver

The idea behind this Mismagius is to Sub up and Curse, reducing you to roughly 1/4th of your HP, not counting Leftovers recovery, making for a NASTY Pain Split with such little HP investment (just enough to hit the first Leftovers milestone possible without reducing IVs, 16 HP per turn with a total of 256). Since Pain Split damage is reliant on the user having very little HP, it's better to invest EVs primarily in the defensive stats to MITIGATE damage, as opposed to simply having enough HP to bear more damage. The fourth move is dependent completely on the trainer's preference. Imprison keeps enemy Pokemon from Subbing against your Pain Split. Perish Song bypasses Substitute (as does Curse, mind you), and causes the opponent's team to shuffle around a bit as you throw up Curses and Pain Splits- if they're stupid enough, they'll keep switching, rather than stay in and just take you out, giving you more opportunities to set up Curses (1/4th of their HP EVERY turn, made even more punishable by entry hazards) and Pain Split your HP back. Destiny Bond is pretty self-explanatory... Bring in a weakened Mismagius against a slower foe, and threaten Destiny Bond to either make 'em think twice, or slow 'em down. If they sorta stutter a little at the sight of D-Bond, you can take that opportunity to Sub or Curse.
Back to top Go down
http://nuforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Mismagius
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Any Trades :: Forums :: Battle and Strategy :: Gimmick Section-
Jump to: