Any Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tropius

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brikien93
Admin
Admin
Brikien93

Male
Number of posts : 427
Trainer Type : Flygon trainer
Friend Code D/P : 2492-5233-9338
Friend Code Platinum : Coming Soon
My Pokemon Team : _______
Tropius Dpiconani101Tropius Dpiconani330Tropius Dpiconani171Tropius Dpiconani154Tropius Dpiconani184Tropius Dpiconani233

Tropius Dpiconani012Tropius Dpiconani059Tropius Dpiconani028Tropius Dpiconani326Tropius Dpiconani479Tropius Dpiconani452

Tropius Dpiconani201Tropius Dpiconani201Tropius Dpiconani201Tropius Dpiconani201Tropius Dpiconani201Tropius Dpiconani201
Warning :
Tropius Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tropius Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-15

Tropius Empty
PostSubject: Tropius   Tropius I_icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep 2009, 5:52 pm

Tropius
Tropius T_grs / Tropius T_fly

Tropius Tropius

Oh tropius, you poor poor soul. Why must the dinosaurs be cast away in the world of pokemon? Meganium, Bastiodon, Rampardos, and yourself. All given dinosaur based appearances, and all of you given the burden of failure somewhere among yourselves. Meganium with Venusaur outclassing it as a wall with higher special attack and access to the legendary sleep powder and partial poison typing. Bastiodon with your massive defenses, only to suffer 4x weaknesses to the 2 most common physical attacking types ever made. Rampardos with your monstrosity of an attack stat, only to be left with crap stats elsewhere, piss poor speed, and a weakness to bullet punch. *BLEEP* you Tyranitar.

Anywho...With HG/SS on the way, a few new egg moves are introduced. One of the recently popularized ones in particular, is dragon dance whiscash. Along with wiscash gaining Ddance, Tropius does as well. Unfortunately, Whiscash is the superior dragon dancer, meaning tropius is left behind with little thought. But, what about another exciting option that's always been around? Why, i'm referring to growth! His special attack is relatively low, but after a growth or 2, he could be able to wreak some serious havoc.

Tropius 357
Tropius @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll/Solar Power
Modest nature
224 Spe, 252 Sp Atk, 34 Def
- Air Slash
- Growth
- Energy Ball/Solar Beam
- HP-Fire

Dependant on which ability you choose, will cause different outcomes for the set. With Chlorophyll and the spe EV's, you get boosted to 386 Speed, which is beyond the reach of standard 240 Spe Scarf Blaziken. The rest of the EV's are there for the sake of being there. With Solar Power however, you can't outrun near as much, but you CAN hit with effectively double your strength. Think of it like this, after the first growth, you hit 400 special attack. After the Life Orb you hit 520. After Solar Power, you sit at 780! That's at +1. Generally, ability choice is yours and yours alone. Onto the moves, Air Slash is generally there for STAB and lets you hit bug types and rival grass types for some nice damage. With Chlorophyll, you can make use of that flinch rate, but with solar power you can make use of that devestation. Your grass STAB of choice, should be solar beam, as this set works the best in sunlight, but if your team isn't based around sunlight (Using tropius without sun? You monster) then your stuck with energy ball. Moral of the story, put him in some strong sunlight. HP-Fire is useful in the sunlight as well, as it hits increased power, and hits the steels that wall the entire rest of the set.

Alright folks, let's see some gimmick sets. He's got Whirlwind, so a bulky set shouldn't be out of the question non? I would LOVE to see a curse tropius set posted here. Also possibly a gimmick mimic set...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Brikien93_The_Best
SS HG Ho-oh Lugia

Male
Number of posts : 3
Trainer Type : Bug/Dragon/Grass
Friend Code D/P : N/A(Dang it)
Friend Code Platinum : N/A(Dang it)
My Pokemon Team : Rayquaza
Dragonite
Scizor
Forretress
Torterra
Shaymin-S
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-07-10

Tropius Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tropius   Tropius I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 9:14 am

Maybe DD can be of good use for Tropius!

Tropius@Lifeorb
Adamant nature
Evs:252 atk,200 spd,58 def
~Dragon dance
~Body slam/Leaf blade
~Earthquake
~Outrage

After discovering it could learn Outrage, Dragon Dancius was on it's way!
Outrage can put the hurt on Mence and the like.Body slam can paralyze,but Leaf blade is preferred for STAB and critical hit ratio is higher.Earthquake covers steels who can stand in front of this set otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Shine

Shine

Male
Number of posts : 146
Trainer Type : Team Builder
Friend Code D/P : 1890 7638 8294
Friend Code Platinum : 3309 1271 1875
My Pokemon Team : -
Tropius Dpiconani432Tropius Dpiconani097Tropius Dpiconani411
Tropius Dpiconani012Tropius Dpiconani171Tropius Dpiconani308
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Tropius Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tropius   Tropius I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010, 10:24 am

SS HG Ho-oh Lugia wrote:
Maybe DD can be of good use for Tropius!

Tropius@Lifeorb
Adamant nature
Evs:252 atk,200 spd,58 def
~Dragon dance
~Body slam/Leaf blade
~Earthquake
~Outrage

After discovering it could learn Outrage, Dragon Dancius was on it's way!
Outrage can put the hurt on Mence and the like.Body slam can paralyze,but Leaf blade is preferred for STAB and critical hit ratio is higher.Earthquake covers steels who can stand in front of this set otherwise.

Make that Body Slam/Razor Leaf. Tropius can't learn Dragon Dance and Leaf Blade both at the same time, sadly. It can't even learn SEED BOMB, the poor thing. Consider running it in the Sun anyway, and throwing in Solar Power with Leaf Storm? Assuming a neutral nature (you'd have to go Naughty or Lonely) towards Sp.Atk, max IVs, and assuming you threw those 56 Sp.Def EVs into Sp.Atk, it could at least reach 291 Sp.Atk under the sun, and with Leaf Storm's naturally high power and STAB, that's not too bad.

Outrage could catch some people off-guard, but try calculating Salamence's Def against Tropius' Atk -1 level (Intimidate) and then let's see how many DD's it'll take to get Tropius to OHKO it. Do that with all the popular dragons- Dragonite, Altaria, and Flygon. Aside from Dragonite, I believe they ALL occasionally pack Fire Blast or Flamethrower, and from my experience, Flygon and Salamence often pack Stone Edge. Outrage is only good against other Dragons when not STAB'd, anyway.

Basically, question the utility of Outrage on this set and do a couple calcs.

Tropius Tropius
Back to top Go down
http://nuforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

Tropius Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tropius   Tropius I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tropius
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Any Trades :: Forums :: Battle and Strategy :: Gimmick Section-
Jump to: