Any Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bored RMT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shine

Shine

Male
Number of posts : 146
Trainer Type : Team Builder
Friend Code D/P : 1890 7638 8294
Friend Code Platinum : 3309 1271 1875
My Pokemon Team : -
Bored RMT Dpiconani432Bored RMT Dpiconani097Bored RMT Dpiconani411
Bored RMT Dpiconani012Bored RMT Dpiconani171Bored RMT Dpiconani308
Warning :
Bored RMT Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Bored RMT Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Bored RMT Empty
PostSubject: Bored RMT   Bored RMT I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2010, 10:55 pm

Howdy again, all.

Well, I'm bored and I've been doing a little more Pokemon lately. I still chat with Zeph on and off, and he turned me on to what could basically be called Shoddy2.0.

Pokemon-Online is beta testing right now, and from what I can tell, it's MUCH nicer than Shoddy for a variety of reasons. For one, it runs DOUBLE BATTLES. The tier-searching and such is a bit glitchy, but the interface in general is much easier to navigate, and you can put teams together much faster- not to mention, there's a Box system which allows you to swap out Pokemon on the same team and basically make little alterations or entirely different teams under the same file. Very nifty.

Anyway, one of the most nifty functions is an "Export Team," in which your team is, well, exported to a text format that you can pretty simply copypasta in.

After a couple hundred matches of (mostly) wins, I think I can safely say this team works out pretty well. Enjoy.

Bored RMT 432
Precious (Purugly) (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Facade
- Fake Out
- Shadow Claw

Looks odd at first, but Fake Out serves as a free turn for Toxic Orb to pop, keeping any Hypnosis or Sleep Powder leads from shutting you down. Facade also deals much more damage than Return. If you don't think you can finish off the opposing Pokemon with a Facade or Shadow Claw after Fake Out damage, U-Turn out and you won't take anymore Toxic damage till Purugly comes back out. I have to say, I was surprised myself by the effectiveness of this Pokemon. If you can manage to hold onto this most of the game, it sweeps quite well. Shadow Claw is there for Mismagius, which is easily outrun and OHKO'd.

Bored RMT 97
Sigmund (Hypno) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 100 HP / 108 Spd / 252 SAtk / 48 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Signal Beam
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot

This prolly isn't the BEST Hypno set I could've picked, but it works. Basically, I was having Venusaur problems, so I decided to run a Hypno to help counteract that, and it worked perfectly. Insomnia stops Sleep Powder, Substitute blocks Leech Seed (the EV spread makes it one point faster than your typical SubSeed Venusaur), and by that point, it's too late- Nasty Plot up, Psychic, OHKO. Anything else that switches in, Hypno's usually bulky enough to take at least one hit and then OHKO if it has at least one Nasty Plot up. Mid-Game, this makes a great sweeper.

Bored RMT 411
Duralast (Bastiodon) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

A lot of people chastise me for using Bastiodon due to its ridiculous weaknesses, but I have to say, I'm still not discouraged. It's been far too useful for me to bother abandoning it now. This thing has issues against Ambipom (Low Kick) and Skarmory, but it works out pretty well. I could replace Protect for Fire Blast to take care of Skarm, but this setup on its own works surprisingly well. Especially late-game, Bastiodon is a wonderful method of COMPLETELY walling the opponent (which I HAVE done before- it was beautiful). Anyway, basically full-support. Sets up Rocks, Roars anything that plans on setting up Dragon Dances and the likes, and throws around Toxic. Aside from that, it's a WONDERFUL bridge between Pokemon. Easy to switch in.

Bored RMT 12
Fae (Butterfree) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Roost
- Tailwind/Stun Spore

Another weird one, I know, but this pretty much fixes my Bastiodon's weaknesses, and it's surprisingly adept at sweeping from what I have seen so far. Sleep Powder first thing, of course, then set up a Tailwind in case the opponent wakes up and tries to beef a stat or switches or something, and then proceed from there. Tailwind actually HAS been somewhat beneficial to me, but I might replace it with Stun Spore for the switch. Bug Buzz is about all I need offensively, and Roost has proven to be VERY useful- with Roost, I can usually survive SR all day long if I need to, and Butterfree remains a useful switch in.

Bored RMT 171
Colossus (Lanturn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 192 Def / 44 Spd / 232 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I've never been a fan of Rest-Talk sets, but... Lanturn is easily the strongest link on this chain! I've won so many otherwise lost battles with this thing as my last Pokemon against insurmountable odds that it's ridiculous. Discharge provides a lovely 30% paralysis rate, which is perfect for letting my squishy fishy Rest at a moment's notice, and Surf is mainly there for STAB. Sadly, this thing gets walled out pretty bad by Torterra- Butterfree usually takes care of that just fine, though, so long as it doesn't Rock Polish on the switch and OHKO with Stone Edge. This set is RIDICULOUSLY good and works on just about any team I can think of. Rest-Talk Lanturn owns.

Bored RMT 308
Lee (Medicham) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pure Power
EVs: 108 HP / 196 Atk / 200 Def / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Recover
- Ice Punch
- Force Palm

This is another odd set, but again, you'd be surprised how well it sweeps. If you get all the Sp.Sweepers out of the way beforehand, this thing is unstoppable. Bulk Up and Recover provide more than enough survivability, as well as beefing up your attacks. Ice Punch and Force Palm have great coverage. Force Palm acts similar to Lanturn's Discharge in that its goal is primarily to paralyze the foe and give Medicham more opportunities to Recover health. This is pretty much my answer to Registeel, Salamence, and Torterra, among other Dragons and the likes.

So, that's the team. Feel free to tear it up. I just figured I'd stop by cause I had nothing better to do and found a lot of potential in this team.
Back to top Go down
http://nuforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Bored RMT
Page 1 of 1