Any Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brikien93
Admin
Admin
Brikien93

Male
Number of posts : 427
Trainer Type : Flygon trainer
Friend Code D/P : 2492-5233-9338
Friend Code Platinum : Coming Soon
My Pokemon Team : _______
You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani101You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani330You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani171You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani154You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani184You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani233

You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani012You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani059You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani028You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani326You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani479You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani452

You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani201You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani201You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani201You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani201You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani201You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpiconani201
Warning :
You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-15

You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Empty
PostSubject: You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT)   You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 7:30 pm

As some of you should know, i've been using basically the same team for pretty much every tier of battle. Those of you that have seen my Youtube battles, or even participated in them are familiar with at least some of the pokemon on the team. Now I leave my team in the hands of you raters to perfect it in any way you see possible. Have at ye!
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*It's a glance you see?*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpmba142You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpmba330You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpmba110You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpmba302You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpmba171You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) Dpmba184
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*More In-Depth Look*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) 142
Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly nature
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 Sp Def
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Yeah, it's standard. So what? Stealth rock has saved my arse on more occasions then I dare mention. What better pokemon to use as a rocker lead than the mighty aerodactyl? Guaranteed to get the rocks down, and is great for stopping the opponent from doing the same. Stealth Rock is obvious, and is great for wearing down the flying types on the switch. (Gyarados and Mence for OU) (Altaria and it's good friends the bugs) Taunt stops most enemies from setting up rocks of their own, and is in general a good move to stop setup foes should aerodactyl be around long enough to spot any. Rock Slide was picked > Stone Edge due to the higher accuracy, and the flinch chance. Earthquake was picked for the final slot, since it has the best coverage alongside Rock Slide.

EV's
Straight forward as it is. Max speed is great for his massive base 130 stat. Maximum attack is for no better place to use it, and a great place for his attacking strength. Remainder were put into Special Defense because...umm...you tell me?

You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) 330
Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Naughty nature
252 Atk, 180 Spe, 76 Sp Atk
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Everybody looking at this RMT, is part of anytrades. Therefore you know bleep well that flygon is my favorite pokemon. It's hard for me to go through even ONE team without putting him somewhere amongst the members. So what better way to incorporate him into this magical team than by turning him into a proper revenge killer. Outrage is his primary form of damage dealing, but it's saved until after i've seen a large portion of the opponents team, and I know whether or not i've eliminated any and all steel types that may stand in his way. Earthquake gains STAB much like his outrage, but has the added benefit of hitting much more pokemon for the super effective hit. U-turn is the most used move on this guy. Imagine it like this. Flygon is up against a manetric. The foe is aware that i'll outspeed their precious manetric and KO them with a STAB Earthquake. So they think to themselves "HAHA! I shall outsmart him and switch over to my Altaria. That way his attack will miss and he will be forced to switch out meaning I can get a free dragon dance! HAHA!" So as they think to themselves they have me backed against a corner, I suddenly unleash the fury by clicking U-turn. They bring in their altaria, I hit for minimal damage with U-turn, but suddenly i'm able to bring in weezing, completely unscathed to frighten out his altaria once more. Now that his altaria is forced out, it's going to take yet another 25% of it's health from the rocks once it switches in again. See why stealth rock is important kids? All throughout early game and mid game flygon uses almost nothing but U-turn as it's form of attack. But by jove once late game hits, it's time to unleash some outrageous fury with his STAB base 120 attack. Fire Blast is a bit filler, but for OU battles it will do substantially more to the likes of skarmory and such (2HKO iirc)

EV's
First things first, maximize your attack stat for all it's worth. Then I checked smogon to see the EV's they have down for choice scarfed flygon. They run with 176 Spe EV's. So what do I do? I run 4 extra speed EV's to outrun the smogon standard :3 After that was taken care of, I put any remainder into his special attack stat.

You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) 110
Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Bold nature
252 HP, 216 Def, 40 Sp Atk
- Fire Blast
- ThunderBolt
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split

Awww Weezing. Now THIS is what physical walling is all about. 2 Weaknesses, and one of which is taken care of through levitate. Base 120 Defense and WoW? What more would a physical wall need? Well besides a reliable recovery move, but you can't have everything in life for free. Fire Blast is is used over flamethrower as a way to really deal some serious damage to things that might attempt to stand in his way. Most notably is steelix, who tends to fear repeated special attacks. Thunderbolt lets him hit water types and fliers for more damage than anything. WoW is useful for crippling physical attackers, which means flygon and azumarill have a much easier time getting in to rape any and all opposition. Pain Split was chosen > Explosion, as a way for weezing to stay in the game for longer periods of time.

EV's
Now before Shine gets to this RMT (if he does) and mentions something about only using 196 HP EV's for a max lefties point, i'd like to reach into the future and stop him now. Weezing has a terrible base HP (65 ftl) and therefore it's maximum is pretty pitiful. Therefore I jumped ahead of the game, and simply maximized it for best walling. Then defense EV's were put in to where they hit a proper jump point. Finally, any leftover EV's were placed into his special attack as a way to deal some extra damage with his attacks.

You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) 302
Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Careful nature
252 HP, 120 Def, 136 Sp Def
- Knock Off
- Will-o-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect

Oh goody goody goody ^^ I'm like a kid in a candy store. Finally, I have an excuse to use my favorite annoyer of all time. This guy is no joke I tell you. Anyone who dares consider underestimating this little bugger, is in for one hell of a surprise as it quickly decimates their very existence. Knock Off is where the beauty begins, and where I will start my explanation of the moveset. Dealing with walls through stalling with status usually requires too much time thanks to their leftovers. But what happens when you rid them of their leftovers? Suddenly you're capable of contending with walls as if they were nothing. First, you knock off their item. Sounds easy right? Then you cripple their attack power with some burning. Then comes the fun part. You alternate between the use of protect and recover until either they're dead, or they switch out. Now sableye's defensive capabilities might not stand out at first, but his goal isn't to simply withstand onslaughts left and right, but more towards scraping long enough to get the chance to recover. The set takes some careful prediction to pull off, but once you get used to it, it becomes a dangerous weapon to your enemies. Protect also works fantastically in the sense that you can use it to gain an extra leftovers recovery turn, and an extra burn damage turn on your foe. It doesn't take much to get this guy in, but once he does, the foe is gonna wish he wasn't.

EV's
Much like Weezing, sableye is sporting his terrible HP. So of course it was maximized. Then I decided to balance out his defenses in some way, but decided to add more into special defense than defense. Luckily, a friend of mine on pkmn helped me get the EV spread fully developed a long time ago, and it's stuck ever since.

Ending notes on Sableye
Some of the more serious competitive battlers out there might consider asking me, "Why use sableye when spiritomb has way better defenses?" Well the answer to that is simple. Sableye has 2 things spiritomb would enjoy. Recover and Knock Off. Those 2 moves alone give sableye a massive improvement over it's substantially better counterpart.

You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) 171
Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Calm nature
40 HP, 136 Sp Atk, 252 Sp Def, 80 Spe
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Discharge
- Surf

Yeah I know, it's a smogon moveset. But so help me god if somebody DARES hurt lanturns feelings by pointing that out, there will be hell to pay. This is easily one of the best RestTalkers i've ever ran, and I love it so. RestTalk is where the fun begins, but it certainly isn't going to be the last the foe may see of it. First things first however, Discharge is used rather than Thunderbolt for the chance of paralysis. Surf is next for it's STAB, and does a number on ground types like nidoqueen and such. Now back to RestTalk. Let's say the opponent has been slowly hammering away at lanturn with their neverending onslaught, slowly chipping away at it's health. Suddenly it seems their efforts have paid off when it reaches ever closer to the red zone. When suddenly up comes the little floating Z's and bubbles and it's health slowly but surely rises back up to it's green position. Now let's say another scenario. The foe brings out their blastoise in hopes of taking down something like say...flygon with ice beam. Immediately I bring in Lanturn to tank the ice beam. Apparently, that person has it engineered into their mind that my lanturn is going to be whatever set comes up first on the smogon page for lanturn. So instead of switching to their strong Earthquake user like they should, they instead opt for the toxic. "MWAHAHAHAHA!" They say knowing that lanturns turns are now numbered. Me being the smart battler I am, choose to instead keep up the ruse that I am in fact using that very first set found on smogon. Before I know it, poor lanturns health has drastically dropped, and the foe has a smile on their face as they see victory over my Lanturn drawing nearer and nearer. BOOM! Up comes the little floating Z's, away goes the status of badly poisoned, and high goes my HP as it's fully healed. (Rage Quit)

EV's
Smogons EV's are pretty specific, and personally I like them. Lanturn has a massive HP stat, so it gets more walling out of maxing out it's special defense instead. 40 HP puts it at it's lowest possibles lefties point, but also causes stealth rock damage to round down. Why the little Speed investment on a tank? They allow Lanturn to outspeed claydol and nidoqueen, and hit hard with surf (2HKO'ing both, whereas neither of them can OHKO with EQ or Earth Power) Why no EV's in defense? Terrible defense stat and EQ weakness don't make it good to invest wastelessly. Instead EV's were put into Special attack to boost the power of his attacks.

Closing notes on Lanturn
A lot of people don't think of lanturn as a serious special wall, so why is it so good at it? It's reliant on lanturns amazing typing. With it, it sports a resistance to Ice Beam, Fire Blast, and Surf. All of which are special attacks, and all of which are common. On top of that, it sports an immunity to thunderbolt. Then add in to the mix that it resists flying moves (Brave Bird) and Steel moves (Eat your heart out scizor) That is my argument for it's special walling abilities.

You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT) 184
Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant nature
252 HP, 216 Atk, 16 Def, 16 Sp Def, 8 Spe
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Encore
- Aqua Jet

Alas, this RMT slowly draws to a close. Here we come to the final pokemon of the team. This azumarill has a few major things going for it. (140 Base Attack. STAB Priority move. Encore. Amazing Bulk. 101 HP Subs. Surprise Value.) All of these things come together in one set turning this particular azumarill into the most destructive force i've ever used in my entire life. It's strong enough to survive even a timid gengars Thunderbolt. Surprising enough that it forces switches left and right. This think can not only TAKE the damage, but it can dish it back out ten fold. SubPunch. It's a strategy we all should be familiar with correct? You set up your sub one turn, and focus punch behind the safety of it next turn. Simple right? Well here's where the fun begins. Let's say azumarill sets up her sub, and while you do that, the foe switches to...Jolteon. I predict an incoming electric attack, and instead of punching, I use encore. They break my sub, but I escape unscathed, and jolteon is now forced into tbolt again. Instead of sticking around to take another one that may potentially KO, I bring in either lanturn for some free healing, or flygon for some free scouting with U-turn. Aqua jet wraps up this set as it's last hurrah. Let's say that by some miracle, the foe survives their high powered focus punch surprise, and they're going to break my sub and bring in somebody to revenge kill. Well, instead of letting them break my sub, I use Aqua Jet. They die. Azumarill still has it's sub. And whatever comes in next (Barring ghosts) Gets to eat another focus punch without me worrying about a thing.

EV's
Well, EV's are a bit hard to explain, but i'll try my best. First things first. When you're subpunching, and you have 100 base HP or over, you automatically HAVE to get that HP stat to 404 at least. Well...you don't HAVE to...but it's recommended that you do so. Why? Because here comes Hypno/Blissey to Seismic toss your hard earned substitute away, and you're forced to get rid of blissey b4 sweeping. Then Attack was put into a jump point at 216. Next, we wanted azu to be bulky right? So we put just a minor investment into both of it's defenses, and it has the exact same walling abilities on BOTH spectrums. 404 HP coupled with 200 Def AND Sp Def. Finally, any remainder were thrown into Speed.

There you have it. A perfect example of me showing off That is my team and i'm sticking to it. If any of you out there have any recommendations, don't be afraid to share. However, please make sure to explain any changes thoroughly, and I will look into them. If they somehow mess up synergy for somebody, I will courteously reply with my own thorough explanation. Thank you in advance =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Brikien93_The_Best

You have served me well, now for what you all can help with (RMT)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Any Trades :: Dump-
Jump to: