Any Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cacturne

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Net-Cracker

Net-Cracker

Male
Number of posts : 633
Trainer Type : Zangoose Trainer
My Pokemon Team : Cacturne 2vuevyr
Warning :
Cacturne Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cacturne Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Cacturne Empty
PostSubject: Cacturne   Cacturne I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 5:16 pm

CACTURNE
Cacturne 332Cacturne
Cacturne T_grs/Cacturne T_drk

So Silver and I were talking about a battle he was having and he was talking about a unique Cacturne that he saw so I was like =O GIMMICK! so here it is:

Cacturne @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252Speed, 252Atk, 4HP
Moves:
~Seed Bomb/Protect
~Endure
~SuckerPunch
~Destiny Bond

Ok Cacturne can either scout with Endure or I added the 2nd option of Protect > Seed Bomb so you won't ruin your plan, after the protect the person can either switch out to something that can destroy Cacturne OR can try to attack while protect works its magic to keep this cactus safe. Then you Endure on the attack to keep it from dying, that activates the berry raising its speed to about 343 possibly and hopefully making it faster than its opponent and hoping the opponent doesn't have a priority move. Cacturne then uses Destiny bond taking the enemy down with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MKWwifichat.darkbb.com
Shine

Shine

Male
Number of posts : 146
Trainer Type : Team Builder
Friend Code D/P : 1890 7638 8294
Friend Code Platinum : 3309 1271 1875
My Pokemon Team : -
Cacturne Dpiconani432Cacturne Dpiconani097Cacturne Dpiconani411
Cacturne Dpiconani012Cacturne Dpiconani171Cacturne Dpiconani308
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-20

Cacturne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cacturne   Cacturne I_icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 10:07 pm

I'd personally run Seed Bomb over Protect- otherwise, this not only becomes Taunt fodder, but he's got no way of really defending himself without being faster than the target. Sucker Punch is good, but they can set up against it all day. Not to mention, because of Sandveil, if they happen to be running Sandstorm, you don't even know if their attack is gonna hit.

I'd consider something a little more like this...

Cacturne @Leftovers
-Cotton Spore
-Sucker Punch
-Destiny Bond
-Focus Punch/Seed Bomb
Sand Veil, Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP

This way, you can really punish switch ins. Basically, you scare somethin' off with your type advantage or switch in on a sleeping foe (the opponent will be terrified at the thought of letting you get up a free Sub), and end up getting a Cotton Spore off on the switch. This gives you a much better Spd advantage over the foe- they'd have to have 460 Spd beforehand to still outrun you, so watch out for Scarfers. Focus Punch or Seed Bomb should help punish any foe that tries to Taunt you, expecting Cotton Spore, or attempts to setup, expecting Sucker Punch. Focus Punch would be especially surprising, since you're not running Substitute- instead, Cotton Spore and D-Bond should keep things running around, while you pick things off with Focus Punch and Sucker Punch. You could also experiment with throwing Spikes in there somewhere, preferably over Focus Punch/Seed Bomb.
Back to top Go down
http://nuforum.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Brikien93
Admin
Admin
Brikien93

Male
Number of posts : 427
Trainer Type : Flygon trainer
Friend Code D/P : 2492-5233-9338
Friend Code Platinum : Coming Soon
My Pokemon Team : _______
Cacturne Dpiconani101Cacturne Dpiconani330Cacturne Dpiconani171Cacturne Dpiconani154Cacturne Dpiconani184Cacturne Dpiconani233

Cacturne Dpiconani012Cacturne Dpiconani059Cacturne Dpiconani028Cacturne Dpiconani326Cacturne Dpiconani479Cacturne Dpiconani452

Cacturne Dpiconani201Cacturne Dpiconani201Cacturne Dpiconani201Cacturne Dpiconani201Cacturne Dpiconani201Cacturne Dpiconani201
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-15

Cacturne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cacturne   Cacturne I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 3:54 pm

Fun with Growth?

Cacturne @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Modest nature
252 Sp Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
- Substitute
- Growth
- Dark Pulse
- Energy Ball

Just kinda thrown together right here, but I bet it could be useful if played properly. Substitute protects it from otherwise devestating attacks and the all hindering status woes. Afterwards, you growth as much as you can to boost your beautiful 115 base special attack. After so much, you're free to sweep with either of your two STAB moves. Energy Ball could be replaced with HP-Fighting for near perfect coverage, but I find the STAB from energy ball to be a tad bit more useful.

Team Support Requisites
I know i've never done a team support requirement section for any particular pokemon, but I figured it would be good to post one here. In order for cacturne to sweep, you'll need Paralysis support. Stealth Rock is also a great addition, since it can make up somewhat for the lack of life orb. Dual Screen support would also be appreciated for setting up and such. Other than that, you'll want a way to defeat steel types that wall you harshly. However, the only steel type you should be worried about is registeel, since steelix has low special defense as it is, and neutral energy ball will do a number on him.

EV's are simple and straight forward, so I won't bother going in-depth on them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Brikien93_The_Best
Sponsored content

Cacturne Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cacturne   Cacturne I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cacturne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Any Trades :: Forums :: Battle and Strategy :: Gimmick Section-
Jump to: