Any Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Torterra

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brikien93
Admin
Admin
Brikien93

Male
Number of posts : 427
Trainer Type : Flygon trainer
Friend Code D/P : 2492-5233-9338
Friend Code Platinum : Coming Soon
My Pokemon Team : _______
Torterra Dpiconani101Torterra Dpiconani330Torterra Dpiconani171Torterra Dpiconani154Torterra Dpiconani184Torterra Dpiconani233

Torterra Dpiconani012Torterra Dpiconani059Torterra Dpiconani028Torterra Dpiconani326Torterra Dpiconani479Torterra Dpiconani452

Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201
Warning :
Torterra Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Torterra Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-15

Torterra Empty
PostSubject: Torterra   Torterra I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 9:19 am

Torterra Torterra

Torterra T_grs / Torterra T_grd

Yar, it's torterra. One of the most underrated starters ever created. Yet at the same time, he's one of the coolest starters imo. Let's see...Blastoise is the most used UU spinner. Venusaur is a great SubSeeder with his good typing and sleep powder. Charizard is the best Belly Drum sweeper around. Meganium is a decent subseeder, but can't stand up to venusaur and sceptile in that department. Although it's balanced defenses do give it some nice niches to fill with aromatherapy and such. Typhlosion is one of the best scarfers around with STAB Eruption. Feraligatr is the Gyarados of UU, and a darn good ResTalker. Blaziken is one of the most used scarfers in UU with his great typing and STAB. Swampert is one of the top leads in OU. Sceptile is the second fastest subseeder, and with that sexy special attack and speed, it becomes a great specs sweeper as well as a good Swords Dancer. Infernape is one of the best wallbreakers of OU. Finally, empoleon is probably one of the most devestating special sweepers in the world with his agilipetaya setup. Where does torterra fit into this? Sexy Defense sure, but then he's facepalmed by that Quad weakness to ice. Good Swords Dancer, but that low speed can be a hinderance. The only starter to pull off a rock polish sweeping set is pretty good. Subseeding is nice, but outclassed by both sceptile and venusaur (Stats, typing, movepool) So why can't he warrant more use? Let's see if you fun loving gimmick professionals of anytrades can help me design some gimmick sets for this beastly turtle.

Torterra @ Choice Scarf
Ability: OverGrow
Jolly nature
252 Atk, 184 Spe, 74 HP
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- SuperPower/Crunch

Turn him into a revenge killer with a choice scarf. Sure his base 56 speed doesn't make him look like the best scarfer around, but he has some decent benchmarks he can hit. One in particular is the ability to outpace the standard mixape. Wood Hammer is your strongest move, and probably your best bet for sweeping. Unfortunately, with that nasty recoil you are going to want to pair this guy up with some nice wish support. Earthquake is another good option for sweeping, but you'll need to watch out for those fliers and levitaters. Stone Edge is useful for hitting gyarados and salamence, and gets some beautifical coverage alongside earthquake. SuperPower will hit Tyranitar and Blissey harder than any other move, but Crunch warrants use for hitting celebi and exeggutor.

EV's
First we need max attack to deal some massive damage. Then a speed bar is needed. With Jolly and the scarf he reaches 348 speed, but I can't think of anything at that mark. So instead, I look around a bit, and decide on outpacing smogon standard mixape is the next best thing. Generally they run at 329 and 330 speed, so torterra needed enough speed to put him at 331. Then any remainder was put into HP for some bulk.

Can we get some more fun gimmick sets from you all? I wouldn't mind seeing some form of special sweeper or cursing torterra set.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Brikien93_The_Best
Silver

Silver

Male
Number of posts : 79
Trainer Type : Psychic Type FOO
Friend Code D/P : 4124 4907 8488
My Pokemon Team : Torterra I_gardevoirTorterra I_galladeTorterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-07

Torterra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torterra   Torterra I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 10:49 am

I'd be delighted Very Happy

Torterra @ Salac Berry
Nature: Timid
Ability: Overgrow
EV's: 252 Spd/184 Sp Atk/72 HP

~ Substitute
~ Growth
~ Leaf Storm
~ HP Ice/Fire

Let's face it- Torterra has always been cooler than Empoleon. A penguin in a tuxedo was never going to be a good look... I am punishing this mistake by making a set which reverses the roles of the ever-so-popular SubPetaya set with the extermely underrated move, Growth. I'd say this kind of set works well with some support from Toxic Spikes, just to rack up some constant damage (or a switch if you're lucky).

Start subbing, using Growth as you go to boost your Special Attack. Eventually, you'll reach the Overgrow/Salac stage, propelling your already boosted Leaf Storm to stupidly high levels. With the Salac boost, you can now sweep to (almost) your hearts content. The first two moves are pretty much a given for this type of set, but you can chop and change the attacking moves depending on your needs. Is Salamance as annoying to your team as a nagging itch? Demolish it with HP Ice. Are Scizor and Forretress giving you trouble? Well not any more thanks to HP Fire! Or maybe you might just want the security of double STAB with Earth Power? Well knock yourself out! You could even rid yourself of Leaf Storm in favor of SolarBeam if you've got Sun support and the stat drop seems dodgy.

This Torterra needs full speed EV's in order to make the most out of the Salac boost. Full investment in Special Attack isn't required since you'll be boosting it anyway. Therefore the rest goes into HP for a bit more bulk.

Gimmicky enough for you?
Back to top Go down
Brikien93
Admin
Admin
Brikien93

Male
Torterra Dpiconani101Torterra Dpiconani330Torterra Dpiconani171Torterra Dpiconani154Torterra Dpiconani184Torterra Dpiconani233

Torterra Dpiconani012Torterra Dpiconani059Torterra Dpiconani028Torterra Dpiconani326Torterra Dpiconani479Torterra Dpiconani452

Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201
Warning :

Torterra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torterra   Torterra I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009, 11:52 am

The only problem I find with that setup, is Leaf Storm. Even with growth, it becomes VERY counter productive. I think you should utilize Energy Ball of UU play, and Grass Knot for OU play. Also, I recommend only running 220 speed EV's, as it puts you past timid mismagius. Then put that extra 32 into special attack giving you 216 Sp Atk, 220 Spe, 74 HP. I gotta say, I REALLY like this set. The only problem I see him having is priority. In fact, I give it 5 stars for amazingness. Way to go silver.
Back to top Go down
Xuartts

Male
Number of posts : 71
Trainer Type : Funny
Friend Code D/P : 1977 5331 1135
My Pokemon Team : Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201Torterra Dpiconani201
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-12-21

Torterra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torterra   Torterra I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 3:56 pm

Flirtacious Silver wrote:
I'd be delighted Very Happy

Torterra @ Salac Berry Petaya Berry
Nature: Timid
Ability: Overgrow
EV's: 252 Spd/184 Sp Atk/72 HP

~ Substitute
~ Growth Rock Polish
~ Leaf Storm
~ HP Ice/Fire

Let's face it- Torterra has always been cooler than Empoleon. A penguin in a tuxedo was never going to be a good look... I am punishing this mistake by making a set which reverses the roles of the ever-so-popular SubPetaya set with the extermely underrated move, Growth. I'd say this kind of set works well with some support from Toxic Spikes, just to rack up some constant damage (or a switch if you're lucky).

Start subbing, using Growth as you go to boost your Special Attack. Eventually, you'll reach the Overgrow/Salac stage, propelling your already boosted Leaf Storm to stupidly high levels. With the Salac boost, you can now sweep to (almost) your hearts content. The first two moves are pretty much a given for this type of set, but you can chop and change the attacking moves depending on your needs. Is Salamance as annoying to your team as a nagging itch? Demolish it with HP Ice. Are Scizor and Forretress giving you trouble? Well not any more thanks to HP Fire! Or maybe you might just want the security of double STAB with Earth Power? Well knock yourself out! You could even rid yourself of Leaf Storm in favor of SolarBeam if you've got Sun support and the stat drop seems dodgy.

This Torterra needs full speed EV's in order to make the most out of the Salac boost. Full investment in Special Attack isn't required since you'll be boosting it anyway. Therefore the rest goes into HP for a bit more bulk.

Gimmicky enough for you?

I hope your not gonna bite my head off for suggesting this.
Back to top Go down
Brikien93
Admin
Admin
Brikien93

Male

Warning :

Torterra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torterra   Torterra I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 4:14 pm

Personally, I think he should stick with the growth setup, because running with a paltry 75 base special attack he's not going to be able to sweep a massive amount. Although, I can see the merit on using a type of petaya setup. If you forego the speed and just support it with some para support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Torterra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torterra   Torterra I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torterra
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Any Trades :: Forums :: Battle and Strategy :: Gimmick Section-
Jump to: