Any Trades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Trades

For pokemon Diamond and Pearl players who need a place to find others to trade/battle with.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Adventure of Sir Si

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver

Silver

Male
Number of posts : 79
Trainer Type : Psychic Type FOO
Friend Code D/P : 4124 4907 8488
My Pokemon Team : The Adventure of Sir Si I_gardevoirThe Adventure of Sir Si I_galladeThe Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201The Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201The Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201The Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201The Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201The Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201
Warning :
The Adventure of Sir Si Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Adventure of Sir Si Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-07

The Adventure of Sir Si Empty
PostSubject: The Adventure of Sir Si   The Adventure of Sir Si I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Jul 2009, 12:37 pm

I wrote the first chapter to this ages ago (which I posted) but I've recently gone back to writing it again so I'll add it again!

Chapter One

Name: Simon

Height: 5’11

Hometown: Burbridge

Team as of now: Infernape

‘Well, I guess I should start off by saying “Hi” or “Nice to meet you” or something, right? That’s what most normal people do when they meet someone for the first time, and since I’m meeting you now, I figure I should say one of the two… or both… Geez. Sorry, I’m really not selling myself to you, am I, Professor? I’m actually not cut out for this… being interviewed, I mean. It’s not the sort of thing someone as shy as me does too often. And you know what? I’ll be kicking myself later that I didn’t say this or I didn’t do that because I knew you were gonna talk to me to see if I had the right qualities to be a Pokémon trainer. I couldn’t sleep at all last night, actually. I had all my lines in my head, everything I was going to say that would convince you that I was head and shoulders above the rest... it all sounded so perfect then… But then I come in here and I get the jitters. Typical. I also know that there are hundreds of others waiting to talk to you and I don’t have all day. I should probably just get up now, really. I think I’ve embarrassed myself enough already and I think it’s pretty obvious to any human being with the smallest amount of sense that the chances of me becoming a Pokémon trainer are about as small as finding out that the moon really is made of cheese. In other words, very small. But before I leave, let me just say that nothing in the world would mean more to me than to become a trainer. I’ve dreamt about it since I was a little kid and I’m hoping that maybe, just maybe, you see something in me that’s a little different from everyone else. Thank you for your time.’

‘Hold it right there, son. Something I’ve wanted to say from the moment you walked into my office is that I sensed something strange about you. There’s this aura of hidden determination that I’ve not felt from any of the other candidates. What you just told me only confirms this. Saying that, it’s with no hesitation that I offer you your official Pokémon trainer’s licence! Hey, don’t look so surprised! Please don’t faint on me. With that said, I present you with my three Pokéballs. They’re freshly hatched, born just yesterday. Who’s it going to be, Simon? Turtwig, Piplup or Chimchar? Tricky choice!’

‘I can’t believe you’re actually asking me this, Professor! Erm…urgh…ARGH!!! I DON’T KNOW! Slap me and say this isn’t a dream!’

‘No can do, I’m afraid. I’d have animal rights over here in no time. Now make your choice quick before I change my mind!’

‘Ok, ok! Eeney, meeny, miney, mo, catch a tiger by its toe. If it hollers… oh stuff it! Chimchar! I CHOOSE CHIMCHAR!!!’

‘A wise choice. This Chimchar’s quite a character. A little monkey if I may say so myself. Get it? A little monkey? Haha, oh I do amuse myself. I’m sure you two will get along just fine. Now get out of my office before I release the Houndours. SCRAM!!!’

So that fateful day was the beginning of Simon’s journey as a Pokémon trainer. He had wanted to become one ever since hearing about the almost iconic figure known as Ash Ketchum from Kanto when he was just a little boy. For years he had wanted to put himself forward for an interview with the Professor but every time he promised himself he would get his application in, he put it off until eventually, the summer had ended and the date for that year’s entry forms had passed. However, that year had been different. His mum had reached the end of her tether and was sick of hearing Simon’s constant chants of ‘I’m going to be the greatest trainer that ever lived. A Pokémon master… POKÉMON MASTER!’ She had taken his pet Starly hostage without food or water until he had been man enough to walk down to the post box and deliver his application. The day for interviews had arrived and Simon had all the signs of nerves: sweaty palms, restlessness and he was shaking like a leaf. However, the Professor had seen something in him and sent him on his way with his very own Chimchar. A childhood dream, now a reality.

The Professor had said that Chimchar and Simon would get along and get along they did. It was uncanny. You couldn’t find a better pair. Simon had always longed for a brother but his mum wouldn’t budge on her answer- she would never have another child.

‘You have no idea how chaotic my labour was, do you boy? It was mayhem! Six hours they spent trying to push you out. Six! I’m surprised I lived to tell the tale, to be completely honest. After an experience like that, do you think I’d want to go through it again? You have to be joking! And do you know how hard I had to work to get rid of my Baby Belly? Down at the gym 5 times a week for four months. I should have been like Sandra and had the surgery. That girl knows what she wants.’

A variant of that answer was recited to Simon every time he tried so much as to even hint at having a brother or sister so he had just given up hope on the subject. However, he and Chimchar got along like a house on fire. They were completely different from each other in almost every possible way but you know what they say, opposites attract. Chimchar had brought Simon out of his shell with his playfulness and showed him what it meant to be confident. However, he was a restless little tyke who took time to tame and Simon taught Chimchar the importance of hard work. This led to him growing steadily, first into a Monferno and eventually into an Infernape. One of most friendly Infernapes you could meet. Simon had surprised himself at how close the two of them had become over their time travelling together. He had found his brother in that little Chimchar…

Read chapter two to find out which Pokémon will become the newest addition to Simon’s team! And discover why Burbridge isn’t all that it seems…
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Male
My Pokemon Team : The Adventure of Sir Si I_gardevoirThe Adventure of Sir Si I_galladeThe Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201The Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201The Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201The Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201The Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201The Adventure of Sir Si Dpiconani201
Warning :
The Adventure of Sir Si Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Adventure of Sir Si Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: The Adventure of Sir Si   The Adventure of Sir Si I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Jul 2009, 12:40 pm

This chapter was too big for one post so I had to split it up!

Chapter Two- Part 1

Name: Simon

Height: 5’11

Hometown: Burbridge

Team as of now: Infernape

Although he had great admiration for Infernape, Simon couldn’t help but think that so far, his team was a little… light. It had been almost a full three months since he had officially been made a Pokémon trainer and although he had won many battles with Infernape alone, these had only been against over enthusiastic, often big headed 10 year old boys with Wurmples and Magikarps. Of course it was nice to win, but the only satisfaction Simon ever got from beating opponents like these was putting them firmly back in their place. Of course, he had caught other Pokémon- a Bidoof and a Budew, but had released them both since they were more of a hindrance than a help. Bidoof had never liked Simon right from day one and insisted on gnawing its teeth on his arm, rather than on the trees that surrounded them everywhere they went. And although Budew was friendly and willing to battle, it liked to overuse Stun Spore somewhat which was terrible for Simon since it made his eyes and skin irritable, puffing them up to such an extreme size that he could have been mistaken for a Lickilicky. In fact, he had been mistaken for a Lickilicky, albeit only once. A little girl had sneaked up behind the pair whilst they were walking (Infernape never used his Pokéball) and tried to capture Simon. He’d heard nothing until an ear-splitting screech of ‘BONZZZZZAAAAAIIIIIIIII!!!’ scared them both to death.

‘My last Ultra Ball! I’d better make this one count. Sammie’s gonna be so jealous when she finds out that I’ve got a Lickilicky. Now I’ll finally be able to literally crush that little Caterpie of hers that’s been giving me so much trouble! MWHAHAHAHA!!! YOU’RE MINE!’

They had both tried to run but it was useless. Simon’s legs were now the size of giant salamis and even Infernape wasn’t strong enough to lift him onto his shoulders. Simon saw his life flash before his eyes as the little black and yellow capsule flew towards them and hit him square on the forehead. A strange tingling which escalated into absolute agony took over his body and he fell backwards faster than a stone in water.

‘I’m not a Lickilicky now’ he thought. More like a Snorlax. He’d heard that in Kanto, they block the paths of travellers because they sleep in the middle of the road and won’t move for days. He was down and out like a Snorlax himself now…

What!?!?’ screamed the girl. But that’s my last Pokéball! I’ll make you PAY!! If I can’t catch you, I guess I’ll just have to take you by force. Go Buneary!’

She lifted an arm and pulled a Pokéball from one of her breast pockets. She tossed it into the air, where it opened with a bright dazzling light, which slipped onto the ground, forming at first a silhouette, and then became a fully formed figure.

‘What a place to keep a Pokéball…’ Simon thought to himself.

All the while, Infernape had had a front row seat to all the action. He was looking a little desperate now, to say the least. However, Simon knew he would be quick to fight for him.

‘Infernape, I need you! Go now!’

Hearing this, the girl stood on the spot, stunned.

‘Oh, my, it talks too! I’ve heard about some little cat that could do that but now I think about it, a talking Lickilicky would be so much cooler!’

‘Well I’m sorry, but I’m not for sale. Infernape, get moving!’

The ape sprung into action at lightening fast speed. There was a fair distance between itself and the Buneary but Infernape was next to it in less than a second. It always made Simon smile when he saw this. He had worked especially hard on making him as fast as possible. None of his opponents expected Infernape to attack so soon, which almost always gave him an immediate advantage in battles.

‘Now, Infernape, show that Buneary you mean business. Use Close Combat!’

Infernape didn’t need to respond. He let his fists do the talking. He began with a powerful uppercut and continued to juggle the little bunny in the air with several punches in quick succession. Simon watched as Buneary went up and down, over and over, being thrown around like a child’s rag doll. It hit the ground and Simon could tell from its limp body that the battle was already over. The little girl could only watch in horror at the proceedings. She returned her Pokémon to its ball and ran off, screaming, probably knowing that she’d bitten off far more than she could chew.

Her Buneary wasn’t out of the Pokémon Centre for months.

That had been the most dramatic thing that had happened to both of them in quite some time and Simon often thought back to that day. Like now, late at night, sat around the bonfire, eating with Infernape. Simon gave a small sigh and looked in his direction. The two of them had become so close and could now practically read each other like books. He knew Infernape could sense something was wrong.

‘Oh, Infernape. What is it with me, eh? You’re the only Pokémon I’ve ever managed to raise well. We’ve been on the road for ages now and I’ve already released two others. Y’know, I think I might even be starting to lose faith in myself as a trainer. Sometimes I think…why? Why did I go along to that stupid interview in the first place?’

Infernape looked Simon right in the eyes and it struck a chord in him. The look of deep concern was enough to make him look away. Just like a brother…

‘But then, I guess I never would have got the chance to meet you, buddy. That’s been the best part of this whole journey, picking you up from the Professor’s office. I still remember what that first day was like, when you were still a little Chimchar. It’s one of those things that you’ll remember forever, you know? Boy, it took a ton of time to get you to settle down, didn’t it?’ Simon said with a slight laugh, his voice shaky. He was cracking. ‘You had me running around for days just trying to keep up with you! But that’s what I like about you Infernape. You’ve changed me and I reckon I might have even changed you a little bit too. But, the thing is, I just can’t get that connection with the other Pokémon. Even though we’ve come such a long way, I still think about just ending everything right now and going back to Burbridge…’

Even the slightest utter of that sentence made Infernape whimper with sadness. He grabbed Simon’s arm and pulled him round, ensuring that they would both make eye contact once again. The flame on the top of his head always burned brightest when he was angered or determined, and this was one of those times. He was a feisty character and one of the lessons he had taught Simon was to never give up on anything. He saw this flame and noticed that for the first time in weeks, it was the deepest shade of orange imaginable. Simon realised the last thing Infernape wanted was for him to go back to Burbridge… Was that really what he wanted too?

‘Infernape… thank you’ whispered Simon, a single tear trickling down his cheek. That was all the pick-me-up he had needed. The two held eye contact for a second before Simon got up. He turned away, wiping his eyes dry as he did so. He hated for Infernape to see him like this.

‘Right!’ he announced with renewed vigour. ‘I’ve decided that by tomorrow, you and me are gonna have a new friend travelling with us! I don’t care which Pokémon it is, but one thing I do know is that by the time we’re sitting round the bonfire again, we’ll have a new team mate! No going back to Burbridge for me!’

Infernape, beaming, howled with approval. The two finished their food, put out the bonfire and set up their tent, determined and euphoric in anticipation of the next day’s events…
Back to top Go down
Silver

Silver

Male
Warning :

PostSubject: Re: The Adventure of Sir Si   The Adventure of Sir Si I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Jul 2009, 12:42 pm

Chapter Two- Part 2

Burbridge in itself was a sleepy old town. Being in the middle of nowhere, thousands of miles from any of the well known regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, many were surprised that Pokémon had found their way there at all. Civilisation had begun only a century before and Burbridge had to build its way up slowly. In fact, it begun as one of those towns where everyone knew everyone, so now, almost all families who resided there were related to their neighbour. Most of the time, all that was talked about among families was the gossip from a couple of doors down. All news was spread by word of mouth. That’s how Pokémon became known. Being so compact, they were a very close knit community willing to help each other out and any new families were welcomed with open arms. However, there was one exception. The Burbridge family was one of the last families to move into town. They were a family of three, a mother, father and son, a fairly standard size for families of that area. But there was something different about them. Something strange…

One of the customs of Burbridge was to keep your windows open on sunny days, so as to let your neighbour freely talk to you if they were to walk past. The Burbridges never complied with this rule, leaving theirs shut. The few people who had spoken to the mother and father called them very unsocial- ‘condescending’ was a word that was thrown around a lot. The son, Jacob, was seen as especially odd. He could occasionally be seen sitting on the family terrace, in a rocking chair, always reading. He had no friends and a fascination with books, particularly those about Pokémon. He was a clever child with an extremely sour personality. If you were to so much as say hello to him, all you would get in response was a sneer. He thought of himself very highly indeed.

So highly in fact that it was he who named the town Burbridge. Years passed and both Jacob’s parents died, leaving him the house in their will. He was still never seen by any of the locals and many assumed that he too had died altogether. However, one night, he had crept out of his house, as sneakily as a Glameow, and painted over the town sign. It had originally said ‘Welcome to Sleepy Hollow’ but Jacob renamed it simply as BURBRIDGE. There were a few protests against the new name but all these were overruled. For a town stuck in the same routine with very few rules, change was difficult. The community just had to live with it and eventually, the town became known as Burbridge, just as Jacob had intended. Many of the younger residents have always known the town as this and laughed at the name ‘Sleepy Hollow’, shrugging it off plainly as myth. However, the elders remain adamant that the story is a reality and reminisce about the old times over their cup of Sunday coffee.

Although the entire town knew of Pokémon, not many of them cared. At least that’s what they thought. Except, that is, for Jacob Burbridge. Every month, there was a meeting in the town hall which almost the entire neighbourhood attended. It had been so long since any of the Burbridges had attended one of these meetings that no one even expected them to come anymore. So it came as a shock to everyone when their only son made an appearance. He sat alone, in silence, until the climax of the meeting.

‘Are there any closing announcements anyone would like to make?’ the chairperson asked. ‘Speak now or shut up about it until next month’s meeting. Anyone?’

‘Yes actually, there is’ hissed a voice. There was not a single person who didn’t move their head round to see who had spoken. A few people gasped. One fainted.

‘As you all know, my name is Jacob Burbridge, and if you didn’t know, then quite frankly, you’re a fool. Where have you been all these years? Anyway, I know for a fact that there’s nothing better you all like on a Sunday afternoon than to have a little laugh at my expense about how ‘strange’ I am. Please tell me that I am correct?’

A majority of the gathering coughed, blushed, shuffled in their seat or did all three.

‘Just as I thought’, Jacob smirked, with a sneer that could make the bravest man’s blood curdle. ‘I’ve been aware of your little chats for years but I let you all carry on whilst I sat in my house with my head stuck in another book. You know what they say, ignorance is bliss…’

He paused. The air in the town hall had suddenly become very tense. Many of the townspeople could still not believe what they were hearing. Was this really Jacob Burbridge speaking after all these years? Many couldn’t even bring themselves to look him in the face. Not that it was a particularly pretty picture. His face very closely resembled that of a snake’s. He had extremely thin lips which were severely chapped, thanks to years of jealousy and rage building up inside him, biting his lip and grinding his teeth, all of which were disgustingly yellow. He had a very thin nose, almost feminine in structure which pointed upwards at the tip. No wonder everyone called him condescending. His dull eyes were deep in their sockets, almost dead from lack of sunlight and he had the presence of not seeming at all inviting in any sense. To top it off, he had a terrible Mohawk hair style which looked extremely out of place with his other checked brown clothes and overall chilling personality.

‘I’ll tell you something else I know’, he continued. ‘I know for a fact that although none of you say this, because of course you’re all too busy talking about me, you’re all pretty big Pokémon fans. Let me ask again, is that correct?’

For the first time since Jacob had spoken, other voices emerged from the crowd. Neighbours muttered to each other about what he had just said. There was an overall consensus that yes, people of the town were actually pretty big Pokémon fans, it’s just none of them had really thought too much of it before. Jacob Burbridge nodded in approval.

‘Yes’, he spat again. His tone was so cold, it could freeze you to the core. ‘That’s just what I like to hear. Well, Burbridge, there’s been a certain… plan that has been on my mind for quite some time. Something I’d like to share with you all. One thing I’ve always thought of this town, apart from the fact that you are all so utterly… charming…’ he let loose a huge grin, showcasing his mouth of gold, ‘is that really, this little old town is, well, dead.’

The faces of the some of the town’s oldest residents were contorted into expressions of anger. How could some poor sucker suddenly come in here and start insulting the place they’d worked so hard to create?

‘Oh, please, cut me some slack will you? All these years, you’ve slagged me off and I can’t even voice an opinion? Anyway, all I was going to say was…’ There was a collective holding of breath throughout the meeting hall. ‘What would you think of Burbridge’s very own Lab and Pokémon Centre?’

The holding of breath was released. No one was expecting that. An excited murmur rose among the attendees. Everyone had an immediate fondness for the idea- even if Jacob was a bizarre character.

‘Naturally, I would take the position of Pokémon Professor- beat that old nut Oak at his own game! Although you all thought me strange, I gathered quite a knowledge of Pokémon through my years of being an unsociable loner. I will send off budding trainers with one of three Pokémon. It will be up to them to make the most of their opportunity from then on. So Burbridge… what do you say?’

The head speaker looked uncomfortably towards the crowd.

‘All in favour say ‘I’, he said.

Even the most clueless person could see he himself was not keen on the idea. However, he seemed to be the only one. The result was a resounding ‘yes’ and so Burbridge Pokémon Centre was constructed, therefore putting the tired, quiet and controversial town on the map.

Business was slow to being with- there were just not enough youngsters in the town who were swayed by the thought of embarking on their own journey. Those who were granted trainer licences went off and were never heard of again. However, all the citizens of Burbridge were proud to say they were home to a Pokémon Centre, even those few cronies who were against the idea in the first place. They were proud of it even though no one good enough had come out of the town. No Elite Four member, no Battle Frontier Brain, not even a Pokémon League Champion. No one who would go down in the history books, someone who would be remembered… However, all that would soon change, starting tomorrow, as Simon, one of Burbridge’s newest hopes, went out with his eye on a new Pokémon and a renewed fighting spirit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Adventure of Sir Si   The Adventure of Sir Si I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Adventure of Sir Si
Page 1 of 1